I was wondering if anyone has any complaints against Dr. Philip Miller at Gotham Plastic surgery. I recently had a rhinoplasty with him. He did not demage my nose but did not really do anything with it. I feel so depressed. I trusted him and listened to his recommendations. My nose is still too big for my face. It's still embarrassing and I'm really annoyed by this doctor. He only gave me 50%. What's even more annoying are all these positive reviewes like he some kind of God. Listening to those reviews made me chose him. Please let me know if you had surgery with him and are unhappy?

i thought most of his patients looked pretty much the same in his pics so i did not go to him. there was just something in his B&A that i didnt like. Will he do a revision for free? Or will you see another doctor for a revision?

No, he will not do a revision for free. He thinks it looks great and is dissmisive. What he did was not bad, but my nose needed more work. Definately a warning to anyone considering rhinoplasty with him or any doctor. Make sure all your issues are addressed. Thanks for your support.

That's terrible and unfortunate. There is still a chance it may get better. Or you might start liking it.  start looking for other doctors with better attitude

I understand your frustration; its very understandable.

Our healing process takes longer than most of us expect. Often we look for a noticeable difference while swelling is still apparent for several weeks even months.

If you wanted a definite change in a image, that should been discussed in your consult. It is difficult to know how to articulate our desires, for our new look. We hope the Doctor understands. Feeling some intimidation. If you feel you were clear,consider writing a letter of disappointment and concern to document at this stage, your discontent with the out come.
Keep a track of dates and letters sent,conversations. { They do in your files.} Call, speak to his head nurse on the phone convey your thoughts.

While writing ask; if he would reconsider the possibility of redoing the surgery if the swelling does not reveal your hopes.
{ Most surgeons will reduce his fee. If not; usually they only charge for the surgery room, anesthesia ,plus sterilization cost . Which is minimal.
Express to him you had higher hopes how he interpreted your desire of your new image; in your consultation. Share, you had a definite hope of a much smaller out come. Covey your sincere disappointment, and the loss of expenses while trying to collaborate with him. Use this time to invite him to just rethink it. If he does not respond to your polite letter, you can place documented letter of complaints with the American Board of Plastic Surgeons. State medical boards. You can also continue your complaints until they are addressed. BBB. etc. Asking for part or most of the surgery cost; often there are already letters of discontent in the doctors different associations.

Advise: The calmer and less angry you address your frustration gives the readers of your letters, the impression, you are a deserving patient with legitimate concerns.

Rewrite the letter until it simply restates your concerns and out come. Pictures really help.

How Doctors relate to us after surgery's often is how we responded to them. In our demeanor, when returning for follow up appointments. We need to approach their work results with soft candor. { I'm not suggesting you were not anything but cordial. I'm sure you were.} Doctors are very concerned over unhappy, suing patients, on many levels . Sometimes their initial responses can change.

I hope this well help you start a person journey to recoup your losses and you will achieve the look you want.
Good luck!

I have no choice but to find another doctor. Thanks again for you support.

Thanks for your advice. I barely saw my doctor. His staff handles eveything and if he is there during your visit, he just stops in for 2secs and says you look beatiful. I'll consider what you said but I don't think I'll get anywhere. Especially since he did no demage. It is mostly my fault for choosing him. I don't think he was the right fit for me. He's too conservative.

he is one of the most conservative in NY. i heard dr P is also very conservative but he has no pics online so i cant verify that

I had a very similar experience with his dismissiveness and refusal to admit that it just does not look good. When I went for my consult he said he does do revisions for free and I would just have to pay insurance costs but I'm so disgusting with constantly being told my nose looks great and it's all in my head when clearly he did not do a good job. I was much prettier before having a rhinoplasty and most people close to be agree.