Hey! I'm planning to do rhinoplasty surgery from a clinic in Toronto. I have a nasal hump and also I feel difficult to breath at times. I have made an appointment with Dr. Oakley Smith for next week and I'm eagerly waiting for the date. As I'm a working woman, I’m very much concerned about the recovery period. I cannot take off for more than 4 days. Will this be enough? I have heard some surgeries take lesser time to heal. What is the average recovery time for rhinoplasty?

Once the surgeon has completed the procedure, the nasal tissues are replaced and incisions are closed. Tubes and splints are added to the nose in order to promote healing and support for the next week to ten days as swelling begins to subside. Swelling usually lasts for a few days before the results can be fully seen. Often times, it takes the nose up to a full year of healing to see the ultimate results.

Recovery Time Minimum 15 days

I had a nose job about 12 years ago now. The details are slightly fuzzy now. I do remember that I had to return for a follow up appointment after a week and that some stitches were removed I think? I was at home feeling groggy the first two days, after that I was out and about but did have a bandage on my nose. I was told not to remove that, so I didn't. Basically, I was recovered, as in feeling good, before the follow-up appointment came round.