Hello, folks. I always had crooked nose and I am seriously thinking of changing it. I am considering rhinoplasty as an option. I would like to know how painful the post-op period is. Can anyone help me with some details considering this? I would really appreciate this. Thanks in advance, guys.

Hi, there. My best friend had rhinoplasty last summer. Expect pain after the procedure. However, you will get painkillers from your doctor. Don’t behave brave like you don’t need them. If you get your prescriptions before the procedure, then you should take these medications before, so they wait for you when you get home from your surgeon. You should also expect bruises and swelling. After some period, this will all go away. Consult your doctor about the details. I hope everything will be all right. Good luck!

It depends. I had rhinoplasty with septoplasty and sinus ballooning 2 days ago. The worst thing for me is my inability to tolerate narcotic pain meds so I had vomiting to the point of dehydration secondary to this. Now that I have switched to Tylenol the pain really isn't too bad. Most of the discomfort is due to the splints that remain in the nose after surgery. I am having my internal and external splints removed in 5 more days and am hopeful about the results. I think in the long run it was the right choice, considering everything

Yes you will feel pain and you will definitely need painkillers and if you are not dealing well with pain you should ask for the stronger painkillers. But if you are not satisfied with the nose that Mother Nature has gave you and you feel less worthy because of this you should definitely think about changing this. Yes, it is trauma for the body like every surgery but if you feel better after that what is a little bit pain that will go away after two weeks.

All the details about the procedure itself is best to find out from your surgeon so you can be prepared. And also some bruises and swelling will follow after the procedure but everything is just temporarily except your new nose.

I just had rhinoplasty This past Tuesday 3/13 . I had a very long bluby nose and I couldn't stand it anymore. I hated it all my life.I am 57 years old. I have to tell you, and as God is my witness, I had NO pain what so ever. It is now Friday and I am typing this from work. I had the bone broken and I have stitches on both sides and in the middle on the outside of my nose at the end and also a lot of stitches inside in the tip of my nose cause they took out cartilage from the end of my nose. They also took both side of the nostrils in a little. The only thing I had to deal with was some brusing and swelling around my eyes and the thing that just drives me crazy is my nose running and I can't blow it. I know the pain thing is different for everybody but I just wanted to put my two cents in and say for me, I did not even take ONE of the pain pills that were prescribed nor did I have to take a little advil or tylenol-nothing. I am very happy with this whole surgery, so far. I go to have the little splint and the stitches out next Tuesday, I'm expecting the removal of the stitches to but more painful then the whole surgery! Good Luck if you should decide to have it done.

Every heals is totally different so it's important to be patient during your rhinoplasty recovery. It is normal experiencing pain, bruising, swelling and even headache four to five weeks. The best option is to visit your surgeon to make sure that everything is going smoothly and proper. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use