I'm sharing this because I have been struggling like so many.  The feeling of fluttery flies on your face, crawling bugs on your body, red spots showing up on your scalp, body etc.  In ears, nose - day and night.  At night they are particularly active and you wake up with more red spots.  Doctor provided treatment for scabies but didn't go away...now what?

I have some answers to get rid of them at home.  Once gone there I was able to determine they were coming from  my work.  I can now get a good nights sleep.  If you want information - this is what has worked for me.  I have had the bathroom counter that looked like a laboratory - and every product under the sun just like everyone else.  Please don't get desperate - this will pass.

Mine started above my lip - a little something crawling that I couldn't wipe away.  As time went on a little more. Then I felt them on my scalp...began getting red swollen dots.  Then I felt what seemed like a little swarm of gnats on my face when I laid down at night.  Does this sound familiar?  It went to crawling and more red swollen dots all over my body that itched.

I found simple answers.

Sulfur 10% Acne medicine.  You can buy online or at Walmart.  You will need one for every day until the spots go down.  Apply in morning from shoulders down getting everywhere - make sure you cover your upper back using something flat to apply.  When you get home apply to your scalp carefully like you are applying hair color.  Sleep and wake up in the morning wash and reapply shoulder to toes.  Cut your toe and finger nails very short...apply under nails.  Do this until you see improvement in your spots and they stop itching.  It might be hard to lie on the scratchy acne medicine if you have a lot of bumps but just get through the night and in a day or two it will be better.  Its a little hard on your skin but it will work.  Just keep going.

At the same time order a large bottle of food grade diametric earth and either purchase a stiff scrub brush or order a "groom" online for your carpet.

Apply diametric earth to every inch of your carpet starting around and under your bed.  Scrub it in very carefully until it is in every fiber.  Yes it will take a little while but it is worth it.  I stopped vacuming and found its better to leave the earth down then to vacuum every day.  If you have hard floors you will want to bleach or use amonia and clean daily.

Wash all bedding and clothing on hot and put in dryer for 30-60 minutes until it is crispy dry.  You might want to select specific clothing that can take that treatment and wear only those.  I found that dry cleaning did not kill these for some reason.  When I get home I put my coat in the dryer for 30 min and then my pillow for 30 or more.  Clean sheets every night without fail.  I put a little diam earth at the foot of my bed where my feet will be.  I bought a small heater so that I can go with only one small blanket to make washing easier.

When the spots start going away then you can change over to a mix of 1/2 body powder to 1/2 diam. earth and apply from shoulders to toes and under your feet.  I also apply in my hair and rub it into my scalp.  Care must be taken to get the right mix so you do not hurt your skin.  Diam. earth can give damage your skin. It is the shells of tiny sea creatures ground up so they are a little sharp and that is what kills the bugs.

I found I can put the powder mix in my hair during the day also because I have blonde hair and no one is the wiser. 

Bring a toothbrush or a Oil of Olay Skin Spin brush to bed with you and scrub in circles where ever you feel movement.  If you have a lot on your legs, just start from your knees and work downward around the entire leg with circular motion and then scrub the upper leg in the same pattern.  Patience to get all is important.  Then treat everywhere else as necessary.

Doing these things completely removed them from my home and I can get a good night sleep and it feels great to sleep in - in the morning on Saturdays.

Doing this also showed me that my work is infested and is where I probably got them from and am now needing to get rid of them.  But now I can at least get rid of them when I get home and don't re-infest my home.  The cleaning company vacuums every night under my desk so I had to leave a note for them to not vacuum around my desk at all.  I scrubbed Diam. earth into the carpet around my desk (when no one was around) with the groom.  I am on vacation for 11 days now and hope this will make the difference.

Best of luck to you.  I hope this works for you.   I don't know what these are - I also added an anti-depressant for stress - Lexapro 20 mg.  The doctor was happy to give them to me.  It helped me emotionally deal with this.  If it was stress caused this would also take them away - so I was able to rule that out.  Please don't become suicidal.  I understand - but this path is working for me.

One other thing - You may have a little crawler down in your privates at night and its really hard to get rid of them.  I bought some clove oil (its very strong - don't use straight) from my health food store and mixed with any other oil - olive, sesame etc.  You only need a few drops of the clove.  Place some on a cotton ball and place where you have been feeling the crawling when you go to bed.  Wait a moment and be prepared because they will come streaking out and you will want to nab them with the toothbrush in a circular motion. 

I have done everything that you suggest. I recently puuled out all of my carpeting because the exterminator said thay would be very hard to kill in carpeting. My body has gotten much better, but I still always have itching and crawling sensation in my scalp and when I go to bed at night, they go for my eyelashes which keeps me up most of the night. When I put the sulfur on my face, within 1 minute I have little black specs all over. I have been doing this for 3 months and still am the same. I want this over sinc e I'm sure you know no doctor will help. Are you completely symptom free?

By the way, I'm pretty sure they're springtails. I don't understand the circular toothbrush motion. What does that do?

There are quite a few species of insects that are too small for most people to see. I've found that eating limes has really kept the bugs away during the summer. I live in Texas and it gets to be 100 degrees and 100% humidity, so we have tons and tons of biting insects. Starting in the spring I start ingesting massive amounts of lime juice. I think I got one mosquito bite last year - found it dead after it bit me. lol

I tried everything you said but they are crawling in my eyelashes all night long. Also, I have no carpet anywhere, and I don't understand about rubbing my body with a toothbrush

MSM lotion or MSM or Sulfur eye drops for eye lashes. Lotion in Orange bottle smells the best (or doesn't smell...let me say!) rub on closed eyes and face gently including lashes and it will keep the crawling around your eyes away. use MSM or sulfur eye drops with your eyes closed while lying down, squirt a good wet amount of drops on eyelashes, lids and don't open eyes for a good 3+ minutes. Eye drops can get in eyes and you will want to do this sometimes, but the purpose is to wet the base of the lashes and around the eyes. Sulfur and MSM (which is a less powerful natural sulfur product) softens the bugs shells and they will die. Its the other problem spots I now have to deal with! This is a crappy infestation!

will mold spores make you itch

Dichatomous earth is TOXIC and will MAKE IT WORSE! Don't do that.. I think the sulfur is what helped you. Here is a post I am copying and pasting I wrote for someone on another message board. I forgot to ad the sulfur soap helps from Rite Aide, scrub the body, rub your body with the palms of your hands to have your skin flake off and that other stuff that comes out. Drink a tone of water.

Here are the other things that really really helped me...

1. athletes foot creme 2. psoriasis lotion 3. Colon cleanse if you do anything do those three things and throw away your cotton stuff. Buy new sheets but wash before you sleep in them and always wash your clothes before you wear them. I would stick with denim, nylon, polyester.

okay heres my copy and paste info...
Athletes foot creame head to toe and alternate it with mG217 psoriasis lotion. So put one on your body one day and one on your body the next. Get rid of all products with silica. Eat ALL organic VEGGIES. Stay off DAIRY. NO SUGAR. Try probiotics, anything that is antifungal is good. Its a bacteria and a fungus. Get rid of anything that makes you itchy even if its everything. Don't talk about it with people they will assume youre on drugs even when youre not. Stay off of caffeine or any stimulants. I take three Uni key GI cleanse pills a day .. you just need a colon cleanse. I also take the Unikey Para key pills three times a day. only wear clothes that are not made out of cotton. and if they have cotton in them very little like denim. Clean the c**p out of your house. I swiffer all the time now it helps. use all natural stuff for now on and GET rid of any products with SILICA, silicone or silicate in them. Don't use that stuff you put on dogs to prevent fleas. Don't use pesticides. I literally get an all organic dog flea spray and spray it on the back of my neck and shoes. I also put Miracle Tropical Resilience lotion on. Make sure you stay away from Soil, plants and animals. There is some sort of bacteria naturally found in them that sets it off. Don't pick or itch your skin. Use tea tree oil body wash and shampoo from trader joes and the SIMPLE face wash line or anythinhg with out chemicals or silica. I had to get off proactive and cetaphil. I try to keep down the electricity in my home. Got rid of TV and don't sleep with cell phone near me. If you have an electric current with it start grounding yourself more and meditate. Exercise, pray, don't stress or it gets wores. Your not losing it. If you're on aderall or ritlan get off of it. If you smoke or drink stop smoking and cut down on drinking or quit. you are not alone email me if you have any questions or post your email up and i'll email you.. I also use pin ex every three weeks. Its a mix of a bacteria and a fungus. Ive also taken three rounds of ampicillin. Stapha malatophis or something sounds similair to it.. who knows who cares what it is just do what i wrote up here and you'll get better. Also I wash my bed sheets every other day or every three days. I don't use cotton products or eat GMOS hint hint. lets just say what I typed before was deleted and my computer crashed so lets not get into what it is lets come together and stay strong and help others heal from this. We are not dilusional or mental. Sure we get a little nuts when we have really weird stuff happening to our bodies. It will be okay pray to your higher power for strength and post your email here I"ll email you back and we can talk aobut it. It helps having someone know what you're going thru. I know a few people that have this too. I've learned to not stress out. Pray every day and I thank god for all the things I'm grateful for. I make sure I force myself to eat and get enough sleep. HUGS Focus on the light and positive things. It feeds off of negative energy, electricity, cotton and a few other things but just be sure to stay positive. Journal and reach out for others that have it.

I forgot to ad the sulfur soap helps from Rite Aide, scrub the body, rub your body with the palms of your hands to have your skin flake off and that other stuff that comes out. Drink a tone of water. Take vitiman D, B & K.

i am going to try some of these suggestions. this has ruined my life. my face looks horrible and is scarred. i rarely leave my house. my family thinks i'm crazy. i constantly clean an no one helps me. i will try what i can afford. thanks for the tips.

Update...free of them for years! Just got them back and my family got them too. We tire my bed apart and found a patch of silk looking flat white obout 10 inches across. Also found a patch on top of and elecri outleet. Got samples for exterminator and learned they were a type of tjny fly...in the family of no see ums. I tossed my brand new wood sleigh bed out and vacuumed thoroughly. We also took baths in Young Living oil and epson to heal skin. I just saw a show on TV called Diagnose me. It was the dame symptoms most people get. A specialist told him its from mercury fillings leaching into his blood and can cause that. Get tested for mercury and replace those old silver fillings with white ones. It worked for him.

Sorry for mispells ...not as good on a smart phone.

I know this post is old but I hope you can replay back or if anyone has and answer! Im 44 years old and I'm a femal. I have been feeling crawling sensation on my arms and face. Tingling on my feet. Its happens day or night. Not itchy at all. I've had this for the past 5 months. I'm able to sleep at night. I've seen many Dr and don't believe me at all. I also get black specks when I apply lotion or wash my hands. I'm so scared that I might have something contagious that I isolate from all my family n friends no one in my house feels what I feel.

My husband and I had gone through the invisible itching, bite marks, etc. We found the solution. Just a bit more background first … If needles could bite, that was the sensation. Other times the sensation was that something was crawling on us. We spent a lot of money trying to get to the bottom of it including hiring and environmental engineer to take air samples (to check for asbestos, living organism, infectious bird diseases). We had a bird nesting in our mail box. In the same 2-3 week time window, we got mite bites from a hotel, and we visited some land and had a bunch of deer ticks crawling our bodies. After seeing a dermatologist, getting allergy skin tests for mold, buying a kid's microscope and magnifying glass to find the invisibles, having our pet birds tested for bird mites, buying essential oils (lemon, cedar, neem, peppermint, rosemary, etc,etc), bringing out 2 pest companies, washing bedsheets/clothes nightly, cleaning, sanitizing, vacuming every day, bombing with cedar, air duct cleaning, air duct part changed, ete etc (hell), we started to wonder why nothing was working and at that point considered that it was coming from within our bodies. With what had happened, we spoke to our Dr about getting testing for Lymes. We both tested positive and I later confirmed with my family doctor that Lymes can manifest itself as invisible bites and crawling sensation. 1 year and 9 months later, we started the Buhner protocol (see his book - healing lyme) and have been on it so far for about 6 weeks. Itching is going down for my husband. We both have more energy. Honestly, I can’t believe I was as sick as I was. It started as itching but over time I had Low energy, memory loss, and hearing loss. One note, most Lymes Disease tests are not very accurate and may not detect the disease. I suggest spending the extra money and having the blood test sent to IGenX.