I am a 21 year old male. Three months ago i started getting an itchy rash inside of my butt crack (near top). It constanlty itches at night and sometimes bleads after constant itching. When i look at it it looks as if the entire inside of my butt crack is red and tender. To go along with this i also just started getting pimple-like red sores on my buttocks. It started out just two near my crack then it spread and now i have two or three on both butt cheeks. There is not clusters of them but rather three big ones on one cheeck spread out and two on the other. They hurt when i touch them and hurt when i sit on them. I had one on my inner thigh that was about the size of an eraser (all of the ones on the buttocks are this size as well) and i squeezed it just so i could see the color of the puss. It resembled the puss in the acne on my face but i still do not know if the rash in my butt crack and the eraser size red sores all over my butt are some type of STD.

Please help me figure out what this is

Thanks,

You need to be examined to treat and verify this but I think you may have two things going on.

The itchy rash could be a form of jock itch. Red and tender skin are common.

The other sores, the pimple like ones, sound like boils. Don't pop them. If they are boils the pus may contain bacteria. It could be a staph infection.

Anti-fungals will take care of the jock itch, an antibiotic for the boils.

Again, I can't see them, can't diagnose this. Please get it checked.

For the jock itch would Clotrimazole and Betamethasone work?

Clotrimazole should do it IF it is a fungal infection. Again, you need to be examined.

The pimples may be the more serious problem. Those may need an antibiotic.

Avoid the steroids for now until you know what you are dealing with.

what are some of the causes for this?

Also, how serious is the problem if the pimples are what you think they could be?

Again, they need to be seen.

The fungal infection, if it is one, likes a dark warm environment. You may have the fungus on your feet and wiped your butt.
If the big pimples are what I'm thinking they are a form of a staph infection. It can make you very sick.

I went to a walk-in clinic and was rather dissatisfied with the outcome. The doctor just looked at the area for maybe twenty seconds then just gave me a perscription for Permethrin. What is this for?

It's used to treat scabies and lice. Use it exactly as prescribed.

Wash all your bedding thoroughly in hot water.

Keep us posted.

the doctor said it was neither of those but still prescribed this medication so will it still have the ability to get rid of the infection even though it is not scabies nor lice?

Usually permethrin is used to treat parasites and their eggs. I'm not sure of other uses on humans.

It is also used to rid dogs of fleas and ticks. If you have a cat, keep them away from it and wash your hands thoroughly. It is very toxic.

After looking at some of the symptoms, i think it is a definite possibility that i have scabies. I live in a dorm and am afraid i am going to transmit this to others. Does everything i touch become infected or just the things that have physically touched the infected area on my buttocks? Also, do i wash everything AFTER i put the cream on or BEFORE i put the cream on?

It's usually spread person to person but you can get it from bedding, etc. You aren't considered infectious once you've been treated.

Wash everything in HOT water and then dry them in a dryer. I'd wash the bedding tonight before you went to bed and again tomorrow.

Sorry to keep this going but i am still a little confused as to how i make sure i nor anyone else gets this again once i am treated.

Here is my plan:

I am going to wash all of my dirty clothes, my blanket, my sheet, and my pillows then put on the medication within the hour. When i wake up i will just rewash my blanket, sheet, and pillows. Is this good enough?

Also, what about other things in the room that i have touched, such as the couch etc...?

No worries.

Washing and rewashing all your bedding should be sufficient.

For the couch, etc. vacuum them thoroughly.

Remember, the parasite only can live on a host, you. The eggs are what you're vacuuming up.