At like 3:30 tonight, I got this feeling that there was a lump in my throat. I didn't have a cold or anything before, it just popped up out of no where. MY breathing picked up and my heart rate increased (maybe because i was scared. As of now it hasn't gone away, and it is really scaring me. It feels like a weird lump that just won't go away,

I just experienced the same thing, it just came out of no where! I've had it for about an hour and it kinda freaking me out.

I have been having a similar problem but have no idea what it is. mine started yesterday after drinking a slimfast before work. I droped the baby off at daycare and the olde boys at school and went to work.When i got to work i got a coffee and took my iron pill and preventitive migraine medication which is a antidepressant. Then i noticed the lump feeling, like i didn't completly swallow the pills.I drank and ant something to get it down and has not worked,it started to become annoying and then I noticed my chest kinda felt tight and when i swallow the lump feels like it move and rolls down the chest plate inbetween my ribs. I first thought maybe it was an allergic reaction so I took a benadryl,then I thought maybe heart burn so I took Zantac(non of it worked called the doctor to make an apponitment) I went home that night and after I got everyone in bed I laid down and the condition got worse,chest buring.To make matters worse I got a phone call that my 15 year old has to have surgery tomarrow to have his gallbladder removed so I have to cancel the appointment and live with this c**p till saturday when I go to the doctor. Now I have heard so many different people saying dofferent things, its stress, it GERD, tonsil stones(don't ask)I just want to know cause it is annoying more then painful. That being said I do suffer from panic attacks but nothing like this. ;-)

I am experiencing something similar but mine didn't start out of nowhere... I started noticing it when I started taking pills on a regular basis... it doesn't hurt its just annoying when I swallow saliva I can feel the lump go down as if its going to be ingested but then it slowly creeps back to place. Its more annoying than anything...