Hello, my name is Mark and I'm 17 years old. About 3 months ago I noticed a small dime-like circular piece of tissue that just seemed to float around near my right testicle. It wasn't attached to my right testicle, and eventually this just disappeared. It was almost like a fluid filled sac. But anyway, I had a dull ache for about a week then and then it vanished.

The past week I haven't been eating much or drinking much, and I've had stomach pains. Some would call it my "butterflies" from something I have on the go with a girl in school. I'd also like to say I've never had sex and there is no testicular cancer in my family.

Anyway, last night in bed I noticed that the dime-like lump was back. It's like a piece of tissue that looms over my right testicle, but I can divide it with my fingers from the testicle. I've been picking at it today, and I have a very big ache in my lower abdomen and a slight ache in my right testicle now. I have a doctor's appointment booked but I won't be able to get in for a few weeks. I asked my friends if anything like this has ever happened to them and they told me there must be something wrong with me.

I'm only 17, so I can't see it being something big. I'm healthy, and have never had any medication conditions, problems, or surgeries in my life, so you can imagine how this is for me. The tissue near the dime-like object seems more swollen, or feels more thick. It's the first time I have really felt my testicles since the middle of August, where everything was fine then.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- Mark

Celebrity
The disappearing and floating lump within scrotum reminds me of hernia as all the other lumps wouldn’t just come and go. Hernia occurs when a piece of colon protrudes through the week abdominal wall and can go as far as the testicles.

It is usually painful on the touch or when lifting something hard, sneezing or laughing. In some occasions, it could be pushed back to its previous position but it would reoccur upon exertion.

Any lump found anywhere on the body, especially the testicles should be checked. If the lump is not attached to the testicle, it is a good signs because most testicular tumors are cancerous. If the lump is not attached to the testicle, it can’t be testicular cancer.

Have this checked as soon as you can. Hernia could get complicated and cause additional troubles.