Hi there,

I hope someone can help me. For the last 5 days I have been having severe upper abdominal pain on the right side along with fever and nausea. The pain starts in the front and works its way to the upper right back, however in the last 24 hours I have developed a stiff neck and major headaches. In addition my nausea has worsened. I went to the emergency and the Doctor said I had gas. I can't get in to see my regular family Doctor for another week. Can someone please give me some tips as what this could be and how to cope till I can get in to see my Doctor? I have been off work as I found it too hard to deal with the fever and nausea.

Thank you !

Hi. I really hope that you are all better by now. I just wondered if the ER doctor did any type of testing? If so, what? What have you learned since your post? Was it just gas (which can be pretty painful)? If it was, what caused it? You'd want to stay away from that food item. Please let me know how you are doing. I hope that your symptoms were not related to anything serious. I look forward to hearing from you.