For about a year now I feel discomfort in the left abdominal area-upper and lower-this pain is usually followed by nausea and vomiting and I also have bowel movements problem. the thing is that I actually suffer from constipation, I only have stool now once or twice a week and it is always followed by pain. And recently I have noticed some blood traces in my stool. So what do you think might be the cause of this discomfort I feel in my left abdominal area? Thanks.

You know my dad had colon cancer. He got a colon surgery and doing pretty much ok now. I am not suggesting anything but you need to have a colonoscopy just to make sure whether you have colon cancer. I remember my dad at first started to have discomfort in his left abdominal area and than after a while he started also having all those symptoms you have described. I know that people are terrifying when it comes to colonoscopy but I also remember my dad was surprised that this screening colon test turns out not to be that much uncomfortable. He was given some pain relaxant actually he was kind of sleepy during the exam. The colonoscopy test would determine whether you have colon cancer or some polyps that are actually precancerous stage and those polyps might get removed while colonoscopy is performed. And also during colonoscopy the biopsy might be performed and then the biopsy result would determine would the surgery be of help. And the surgery is usually the best colon cancer treatment and if it is treated on time the prognoses are very positive.