Four years ago I went to a chiropractor to check the persistent back pain I was experiencing at the age of 36. He found out that I was suffering from sacroilliac subluxation syndrome id sacroiliac slippage. He did a replacement of the joint and I was fine afterwards. However, in the last couple of months I started experiencing more back pain followed by headaches, neck and upper shoulders tensions. I was wondering if this sacroilliac subluxation syndrome could be the cause of it again! All replies are more than welcome!

My mom was diagnosed with the same symptom. Her chiropractor told us that replacement of the joint is not sufficient therapy in most cases, for almost invariably the joint soon slips out again. Only when the joint is stabilized, the condition is considered truly corrected. Also, sacroilliac subluxation syndrome id sacroiliac slip is capable of initiating many other reflex symptoms that are unrelated to the low back. Actually, a good third of all these patients have symptoms that occur in some apparently unrelated portion of the body. The other symptoms are: enigmatic headaches and neck difficulties, tension in the upper shoulders, stomach upsets, hernia-like pains in the groin, shooting pains down the leg, knee difficulties, and pains in the feet and ankles.