So it turns out that Sarah Jessica Partner had asked another woman to carry her kids to term so she's now got a set of twins. I think it's interesting that she used a surrogate although I think she had decided to do so based on her age relative to bearing children since I think that she's in her 40s. What do you all think about this? Do you think that it's a good idea for parents to have people carry their kids to term for them?

wowzers :O

Hmm on one hand it is ok, but on another it is not fine. I think if this is the best option for mother and the baby (medically speaking) than it is fine. I agree with this. But there are some cases where mothers don't want to carry their children and they find surrogates mothers. This is misuse of this option for me.
She is a little elder so I think she made a good choice for having a surrogates mother.
What does everyone else think?

read about it in the newspaper - congrats to Sarah and Matthew! I am sure they will be good parents and the kids will have a great life. I think there were even pics of the baby twins in the newspaper, that's unusual for celebrity parents to show their kids at an early age like that.

Yes you are right. It is unusual for celebrities to show their newborns. I'm not sure why is this so strange thing to do. It is very happy day for parents when they have children and I think that happiness should be shared with others.
I seen the pictures and they look very nice. I hope that they will be very happy together.

I think that SJP definitely had a medical reason for not carrying her kids as she did have one natural born child before and she is now in her 40s now and I think it would have just been too risky. Plus as a surrogate they are supporting a woman who normally wouldn't have an opportunity and it usually means that you are very well compensated just to bring someone's child to term. I kind of wish I was a woman for the money! :-)

I only agree with it if it's medically necessary. Otherwise, I think they should be the ones that carry their children.

And like I said earlier I agree with you seasiren. If it is medically need than it is fine, but just to do this because you do not want to have a big stomach is just selfish.
I really don't know anybody that has been a surrogate mother? Do you? Have you talked with anybody that has been? I'm interested in their opinion on this.

Well, I think SJP was like 45 when she did this so I can see it being more medically necessary at that point to use a surrogate due to complications in pregnancy at that age. But then, if someone wants to pay that much money (it's usually like $100,000) then go for it.