I guess no one really remembers anything from back when they were kids or parents. My parents are grandparents now and they are completely trying to spoil their grand children, which is far from the behavior they exercised when I was a kid. So, where is the stop point for grandparents?

I guess you have to let them know that they have to treat your kid the way you think it is right. Grandparents really do tend to spoil the kids, I guess it is something that comes with the old age, so do not be too hard on them. Also, it is quite possible you will behave the same way with your children’s children.

I am a gramma of 4 boys, and spoiling them does not come with old age.
Actually, i think i take offense to that!!! :-(
I see the grands as often as i want to, either they are at our home or i stop by to see them, and i babysit my 1 year old 4 days a week. I love them all the same, but i do know when to draw the line and am quite able to say no.
Their parents do tell me no, many times. I get a little offended, but in reality they are just being good parents. The other set of grands are just the opposite, they don't see the kids that often and when they do, it's no big deal to them.
I do remember when they were small and i would correct them, but thinking back, i think i'm tougher on their kids.
I refuse to buy their love, and because of that, i get it unconditionally.
Sometimes grandparents feel guilty for something that happened when their kids were small, then they feel they need to make it up with their grandkids.
My mom was a horrible mother but as soon as i had my first baby, 32 years ago, she tried to spoil him rotten. We stepped in and she didn't like it. She felt she was given a second chance. I had to burst her bubble, oh well.
So let grama and grampa do their thing, to an extent. Draw your line and make sure they don't cross it.