nower days,every school and colleges are singing this sex education song...almost every kid is aware of it,infact they know hell lot of things but i find lack of knowledge about pregnancy and related problems..every day when i open the forums i get"m i pregnant",discharege kinda topics.
is that only sex what one should know?? ?

I don't think that a lot of students get sex education soon enough though. I know that by the time that most kids get sex education that they're already sexually active. A lot of people who post in the forums about being pregnant are rather young. I know that sex education for me wasn't available until I was 17, which meant that most people I knew had already had sex. I think that also it's a matter of funding, because I know some people who went through school and never had any. What do other people think?

Kids today are being introduced to health classes in the 7th grade. You can call it health, but it's basically sex education. These kids know more than we do and they are very much aware of unwanted pregnancies, std's and the like. !3 year olds carry condoms for crying out loud. When i was in school, we had health class as well, but i was in an upper class. At 15 i knew how you could get pregnant, i knew how to avoid getting pregnant but i chose to ignore it all cuz i thought i knew it all.
If a kid gets pregnant today, there is really no reason for it. They know exactly what's up. You will see it here, i think i'm pregnant, forgot condom, or the condom broke, or he pulled out...whatever.
The pill is out there for these kids and sometimes it's free. Condoms are given away thru planned parenthood.
Better communication with parents would help, as well as counselors at school. If a kid has a fairly decent relationship with mom or dad, there is no reason why they can't fix things together. We were all young, we all wanted to see how stuff worked. I am 52 years young and i lost my virginity when i was 14, i knew exactly what was happening. I remember he wanted to wear a condom, i said no, i got pregnant, i had an abortion. That was way back then, things have changed sooo much since then. I hear some of the things on MTV or from the school kids that walk the streets, i feel my face turning red. These kids are no different than we were, they just know a lot more than we did.

This is all because they have more accesses to information today. We have internet, and you can find anything online. They know a lot now days and i think that this is not a problem but a benefit. They can learn how to protected them self. You have many organizations working on this field. Like bbfeet said planed parenthood is giving free condoms, they don't have to be ashamed when they need to buy one.
It is important to give information to children because they need to know about STD's. They have to protect them selfs from these things.
I also agree with Madhavi, they need also to learn about protections, they need to know what is out there, and all the dangers. If you know about something, you can prevent it.

i had sex education in the 6th grade. and i was 16 my first time. i knew what i was doing. kids nowdays know more than i do and im 20. i think its the risk or the we dident have a condom and forgot to pull out.... parents need to step up and tell their kids if your gonna do it be safe,, lets face it you know their gonna. if you are a parent of a girl tell her if she is gonna have sex you will get her on the pill give her condoms at least you kow shes safe. be a parent and step up thats all thats to it..... my mom did. and im thankful for it and i tell her that all the time but talking to your kids you will get closer to them and be able to talk about thigs most parents cant.

You really said it there Manna. I have to quote: "lets face it you know their gonna".
That is the fact, and i think that most of you will agree when I say that kids will have sex if they want, no mater how much you tel them not to. I think that parent is more responsible if it talks to a child and tells him the ways of contraception. I know that this is hard for many parents, but this is just one way of protecting your child.
Does anybody know if anybody is educating parents how to approach with this topic to their children?

I dont know... im shure there is you just have to find it. My mom just sat down with me when i was 14 going on 15 and gave me the "talk" i thought i knew it all...but my mom told me that if i get knocked up ill be in high scool with a kid... so no prom, cheerleading after school sports becuse i would be a mom and i had to be there for my baby.... i did not want to do that. so she said she was going to put me on the pill "just to be safe, and we wont tell dad, tho im shure she did. it worked parents just need to be involved in their kids lives.

I absolutely agree with you. Even if that she alone has come to you, without your father, it is a good thing. She has done something that is of great importance in your life. You have a chance to grow up as a normal teenage girl, and do all the fun stuff. And then when you get older you can decide when you want a child.