Hi all,
My Lisfranc story is pretty straightforward: I wasn't paying attention to where I was going. I stepped on a cat while wearing high heeled clogs and pulled my foot back in surprise. When I did so, my foot slipped halfway out of my shoe and I subsequently fell forward onto that foot. The arch of my left foot came down full weight and then I stumbled off to the left. I heard the cracking immediately and wasn't able to even touch my toes to my shoes in my attempt to stand back up.
I was very lucky that although the ER X-ray was "normal", the ER physician was very suspicious of a Lisfranc injury. He referred me to an orthopedic surgeon who performed more x-rays and although those x-rays were normal, he casted my foot and ankle. 5 days later I got an MRI which confirmed a lisfranc injury as well as fracture of two tarsals and "increased uptake and bone marrow swelling" in the area of two cuniforms. There was NO dosplacement and he is treating me non-surgically.
The original cast was removed on Wednesday and repeat x-rays were taken to insure stability in the ligaments (the dr. suspected the massive swelling in my foot may have beeen holding the ligaments in place). Still stable, I got another cast.
My biggest problem (aside from the obvious not being able to do anything for myself and depression...) is the cramps I am getting in my left shoulder. I am a runner and was training for my 6th marathon when this injury occurred. Admittedly, I don't work out my upper body, but I am shocked at how hard it is for me to get around on my crutches. They are adjusted properly, the ortho dr made sure of that. I am tall (5'11") and pretty slender. But I really can't get very far on my crutches.
Any tips?

I have been on crutches because my bones take added weight from my sheer height and growth rate they take a beating and are prone to fracture. After 4 broken legs I am an expert of the crutches.Right now I have a bad injury on my leg it looks like a broken vase on th X-rays.
SO here's a tip always have a good grip with your hands . The motion that works for distance is a rolling foot and bending knees with good leverage.

do not fight to get your cast off earl my dr kept taking mine off before was healed (3 times) now im all screwed up im seeing another dr now but my cast should have been on 12 weeks at least 8 was almost enough but not quite a week later it was worse than the first time id even use crutches for a couple months after cast off too but im not a dr and everyone heals diffrently