Okay, so my boyfriend is bipolar, i really didnt find out till one of his episodes happened... But he doesnt get depressed he gets really angry, then the littlest thing i say makes him more angry. And i love him to death and i feel that everything i say could be a wrong thing, and i dont want him to blow up so i try not to talk. But i do, i'm a talker.. But now he wants to move out of our apartment, and wont let me in to help him, be there for him. and it makes me scared to loose the one i know i want to grow old with... is there anything i can do?

Hi, l suggest you think really carefully about spending your life with someone who is angry, even if you do love him to death as you say. I am hoping he is not physically violent towards you in anyform Bipolar or not ! There is medication available to control this, and l hope he is on some.

It is not nice to be scared of the person you love,

Hi

My hubby has bipolar, and believe me I know what you mean when you say you love him.

I can have any guy I want, and I chose him because there is nothing like him

BUT there is one fundamental difference.

We made clear, from the outset, that there would be no abuse, abandonment, or lack of love in our relationship, or there would be no more relationship.

Many years later (we are talking a huge number of yrs later), it was the smartest move I ever made in my life, because I have a reason to be alive with such a wonderful man that is so loving and grateful to me every day of my life.

I never felt such love with anyone else, and I dated so many guys in college and my mid 20's

BUT the MOST important thing is this!

My guy understands what is expected of him, and of me, and he lives up to it, as do I.

if your guy isnt willing to be like my guy, you should dump him.

Bipolar is no different than anything elese. I dated more frat boy creeps than you could imagine. Many of them were empty souls and they had no excuse.

Bipolar doesnt make the person and isnt their identity.,

They are people like everyone else, but many have been through hell, and are scared to open up to anyone.

Regardless, if he isnt willing to meet the things my guy did, you shouldnt stay with him. If he is, and if he is as great as my guy, you will have the man you could never dream of. We know many good bipolar guys and girls but like every other person, there exists good and bad.

It sad that on the Internet, there are a lot of ignorant arm chair, mean advice givers that have not a clue, and act like juvenile delinquents.

Eery situation is different. Expectations must be met or both of you should end it. Much love to you!

Im bipolar and have anger problems too. My advice is dont do it honey you will get hurt either psychologically or physically. He cant control it . Unless he is very settled on anti-psychotics, you are taking chances. It would hurt him so much if he hurt you.If you are stuck on being with him learn the danger signs so you can opt out of any dangerous situations.If he doesnt take his meds leave,

Bipolar disorder is not like living with Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

There are different types of Bipolar Disorder and it affects everyone in a different way.

Psychotherapy along with medication has shown to be very effective for Bipolar people. Everyone with moderate+ Bipolar Disorder will experience episodes of Mania and Manic Depression.

You can learn how to become a supportive husband, wife, family member and friend through counseling services offered at clinics or your local hospital.

Hi
I have never used forums before but am feeling at the end of my tether and don't really know anyone who understands. I have been with my boyfriend for 12 years. He is bi-polar and suffers from anxiety attacks and in the past has self-harmed. We have times when things are really good and when things are bad they are really bad. He ignored me for days sometimes weeks at a time. I try to find other things to do but find that I become angry with him and tell him I am moving out which makes the situation worse. Recently I have found that I am coping less and less. I have days off work and suicidal thoughts. I love him so much and don't want to leave but at the same time I am worried about my own mental health. Does anyone have any advice/feel the same?

Talk to him and tell him how you feel. Tell him that it scares you when he acts like that, and tell him how much you love him. If you can reason with him, tell him that he needs to talk to a good psychiatrist or someone, if he wants you to stay with him. If you don't then it might end up worse or even violent. You should not have to be scared of your boyfriend so this would help both of you out.

Every person has a different level of bipolarism. i have moderate to severe and have had one man for almost a year now and i agree with a previous poster, you have to find out what kind of man he is and if he's going to work w you and for you guys. i'm lucky enough to have a man like that and it takes alot of heartache and work, and there will be days when it seems like the bipolar-ness has taken over but remember its not the person. So often i sit and cry because i feel like my guy forgets that and HE reminds me that he knows it not me, its just a swing. You guys can make and it can work, it takes time. Which is better said than done, i know but it's all i can say. Best of luck to you.

my boyfriend also has bipolarism.. and i just found this out when his mom called me and was explaining why hes so depressed and angry lately. i have never actually loved someone this much, i want to help him but i dont think i can.. it hurts me seeing him like that. i care about him to much to even think about breaking up with him, i dont know what to do. he takes meds but i dont think they help at all.

I split from my bi-polar boyfriend George a month ago and he still texts me constantly. Sometimes he says he is going to kill himself, sometimes he is abusive towards me and sometimes he is sincerely apologetic. So keep in mind that the end of your relationship wouldnt mean the end of the problems.

It is good that you are in contact with his mum, thats helped me a lot.
It might be helpful to speak to your doctor about bipolarism and get some professional advice on how to deal with him.

Always be kind, but be firm. Do not accept abuse, but remember that it is an illness, not your boyfriend talking.

At the moment i'm really struggling not to lose patience with him; I want to help him but it is getting me down so much. So i've started giving him rules; I will not reply to texts asking me to let him kill himself, because my answer will always be the same. I will not reply when he says I hate him, because I have told him this is not true and wont change. I will not reply when I am at work or school.

My best advice to you though is to lean on God; I wouldnt have made it through this without Him.

In my prayers, I hope things work out for the two of you

Hi.. me and my boyfriend have been together for 3 years now and recently he has changed so much he has always been bipolar but lately he is so hard to deal with. This past month he has been so disrespectful, he has cursed , ignored me for days, sometimes i feel like he loves me and the next day he hates me... Sometimes he doesnt even notice what he is doing is wrong and other times he tells me its because he has anger problems and bipolarism. And on top of everything im very sensitive so that just makes it worse cause every time he is mean i just start crying and he gets mre upset.. I have been so patient with him and i got to the point where i didnt know what else to do.. Eventho i love him so very much i was going to brakke up with him cause his meannes was damaging me emotionally.. Eventho its pprobably his bipolarism . There is so much you can take..
I recently found out im pregnant and I told him he cannot be so mean to me becuase im prgnant but sometimes he still ats the same.
The good thing is that he knows he has a problem . he dosent take any pills for it.

But we need help.
I dont know where to find an affordable place where we can find help I live in orlando, fl

And like someone said before..
I have been praying and praying and god will help you get thru anything. he knows what is best for you. what ever he decides never question him becuase he has a plan for you.

The guy I am with changes from loving to angry at the drop of a hat. But it is never his fault in his eyes - he makes up things that I say and do and then gets mad. He is not physically violent but emotionally and verbally abusive. I really love him but there is no way he is going to accept what he does. I try to be as tactful and gentle as possible but it doesn't work. Is there a way to deal with this?