I had rectal bleeding after banding. I went to see another doctor, and he used sclerotherapy by injecting phenol solution.

I checked online, and found many articles said the result lasts up to 12 months. So is it only a temporary method? The injection causes inflammation, which scars the tissue over several days, and then the hemorrhoid shrinks, hardens, and falls off. Why is it only effective for 12 months? There is no saying that the banding would only be effective for a certain period of time.

Thank you very much.

This is the same as saying: those who underwent sclerotherapy will definitely get hemorrhoids again after a year.
And I don't think that's the case. I don't think there is any ascertained period of effectiveness for scleotherapy either.

But of course, the effectiveness of any surgery can be affected by your lifestyle. You will need to switch to a high fiber diet, avoiding sitting for too long, and exercise more, if you want to prevent recurrence as far as possible.