I had Bell's Palsy in May of 2008, but the major effects were gone within about two weeks. From then, I got almost back to normal (never completely) little by little. But then a couple of months later, my eye started getting worse again. It has now been over a year and the right side of my mouth is noticably contracted, as it has been the whole time, and my right eye closes almost completely when I chew, laugh, etc. - any facial expressions. Fortunately my sight has not been affected. My question though - Do you know if this may actually be a rare pernament effect of Bell's Palsy or is there still a chance (after over a year) that these symptoms, too, may return to normal? Or are some of these nerves or vessels (eye and mouth area) dead?

I'm glad to hear that you are starting to get better but it does still sound like you are suffering from some lingering effects of the illness. I think that it would be a better idea to consult a physician about this because it could be a serious issue. Please keep us posted on your diagnosis, okay?