Hello there! I am curious about one thing. Can semen’s smell and color indicate an infection or that something else is wrong? Thank you for you time!

Hi! Yes, often both color and smell of the semen can tell if something is wrong. For example, chlorine type smell of a semen is considered normal but foul smell almost always indicates an infection and one should visit a doctor as soon as possible. As for the color…normal color is an off white of yellowish but an uncharacteristically yellow or greenish color means presence of infection, often due to the sexually transmitted disease, gonorrhea. If the color is red, this is probably blood. It may happen that during ejaculation a small blood vessel bursts. The color should go back to normal in a few days. If it doesn’t, examination would be good. There, I hope I managed to satisfy your curiosity!!!

After we have sex, there is a bad odor that comes from me when I go to the washroom. Is this from my husband's sperm and is it related to his diet? What can be done to change this?

When does this happen-when he ejaculates into you or….?
I sometimes get stronger smell (not bad) after sex but I also notice his urine smell also stronger. It usually happens when we have a lot of sex. I wouldn’t say it is because of nutrition-I would rather contribute this to an imbalance in bacterial levels or something-I’ve been reading about it.

Is this something new that is happening or has it always been like that?

It can, but semen color can vary depending on diet, frequency of ejaculation and overall health habits. I am pretty concerned about my longterm sexual health, so I use a penis health creme every day. This creme is loaded with vitamins and nutrients, which is exactly what the penis needs to stay healthy and strong. It is an organ after all. You should check these cremes out.