Recently I got an infection from a cut on my finger. A couple of days after I got the cut and a fever didn't go away I noticed some swollen glands on my neck and throat as well as some discomfort in my testicles. Although the discomfort in my testicles was not especially painful I was concerned.
I went to see a doctor about the swollen glands and she gave me some antibiotics. I finished taking the antibiotics yesterday and it has been over a week since I went to the doctor. I still have discomfort in my testicles and it feels as though they may be swollen. They are not particularly sensitive to touch and the discomfort is more noticeable sometimes rather than others. I've read through some of the other posts but only read one about a bacterial infection being related. Does anyone know what could be the cause of my discomfort?

Celebrity
I know of two bacterial infections that can affect your testicles. One is called orchitis and it is an inflammation of the testicle. Orchitis is more than often preceded/followed by epididymitis, which is an inflammation of the tune that lines on the testicle and holds the sperm until it is ejaculated.

Epididymitis can occur on its own and may not be accompanied by orchitis. It is one of the most common causes of testicular discomfort and pain. It often includes fever and chills as well as burning during urination, pain during sex or ejaculation, blood in the semen but of course not all of these symptoms need to be present.

Was it a GP that you saw? Did you mention your testicular symptoms to her before she prescribed the antibiotics. You may want to see urologist, so that he can see, touch and feel your testicles and even run some tests to see if there were an inflammation of the testicle. It is quite possible that you may need another kind of antibiotics for this.

Can you relate to any of the symptoms I mentioned and do you have any additional?

Yeah it was a GP that I saw. Because I had other symptoms my testicular discomfort was not what she seemed to be most concerned with. I never had any burning during urination and I don't think that I had any fever or any of the other symptoms. There was defenitely inflamation in the left testicle and since my last post the inflamation went down and the discomfort was almost gone. Last night I was feeling for a change in the size of my left testicle and it was definitely the normal size again but I seemed to have aggravated it in the process because once again it is inflammed worse than before but not unbearably so.

Should I still go to the urologist or is it ok for me to wait it out?

Celebrity
Hi! I wouldn't want to make any decisions for you. It is entirely up to you. If you think that you're better now and have no more troubles or that there's nothing to show, you could wait.

Personally, i like to get things streight and know where i stand, so i always have it checked even if i have to tell the story what happened if there's nothing to show.

If you still have any sorts of troubles, i would check it. If nothing else, at least for the piece of mind.

Moderator Bobby please help!! It has taken me over an hour to locate anything similar to what I'm going through. I am 49 yrs old and have had
in the last 2 weeks been dealing with pain, itching and burning sensation on my scrotum. In the last 6 days pin-size to pea size lumps have appeared on the sac and some hurt others don't when I touch them.
I had recently gone though medical treatment for a wrash that appeared on my arms and elbows and lower leg, shin. Antibiotic treatments pills and creams. Doctors thinks it was jock itch and lice at first since a run weekend retreats at a florida camp grouns but he didnt or hasn't confirm anything. Yet this lumps now appeared after I thought the worst was over.
I am going crazy!!!!

Help Please, I have had a problem with my testicles for the past two months. I feel a movement inside my testicles and sometimes a burning like that takes place. The movement is visble and very uncomfortable. I went to two urologists and 3 GP doctors they all gave me antibiotics but it never helped. I had urine test and they said its fine but still this movement seem to be getting worse. Any help i will appreciate, thanks.

If you get this I would like to know what is happening now with the testicles. Are they worse or have you found a fix for them.

You can get varicose veins in your scrotum that cause pain unbearably and feel as if movement is continual. I had it and had a varicosellectomy. Talk to your urologist. It's called 'a bag of worms' in laymen. Only a small percent who have will have pain. I was one of the lucky. Had it fixed and no more problems.