For the past few years I've been having a gradually worsening pain in my abdomen that feels like it is on fire. Some key things to point out: 1) It only happens at night and when I'm trying to sleep. 2) The pain is not sharp, but a broad burning sensation locallized in my small intestines. 3) Covering my abdomen makes the burning much worse, the more external heat there is, the more it burns. Keeping cool helps keep the pain manageable. 4) when burning is severe, mouth becomes dry and shows signs of minor dehydration. Drinking water goes through through my system when this happens. 5) It does seem to matter what I eat. I've had worst symptorms When I have and haven't eaten spicy food at any given day. 6) exercise made it go away at first but a year later it no longer has any effect. I get my medical care from VA hospital. They have done X-rays on my abdomen, but have not done anymore testing to diagnose problem. Efforts to prompt further testing has been fruitless.

A few more things to add: I have advanced case of Type 2 diabetes (but is properly maintained), Psoriasis (20% of body) and aside from insulin I do not take any other medications, not even asprin.