This started a few months ago. I was pregnant (about 9 1/2 mos) when this pressure started affecting the right side of my head and neck. It subsided after I gave birth, so I thought it was just something to do with contractions affecting my muscles. However, it has suddenly started up again about a month ago. It's becoming more frequent, and OTC medications are ceasing to work. This pressure causes so much pain, I just want to cry and/or run my head through a wall. It becomes too much to bear, and I feel myself getting desperate to make it stop.

It's not a typical migraine, I know that for certain. I've suffered from those for many years. It feels as if someone has stuck an air pump in my head and just keeps pumping pressure into it. My eyeball feels like it's going to pop out of my head, my eardrum feels like it's going to explode, my teeth feel as if they will pop out as well, pain in my neck, and basically the entire right side of my head. (if it seems like I'm rambling, please bear with me, I'm having one of these "attacks" right now). That's the wierdest thing though... it's ONLY the right side. It does not affect the left side at all - which is typically where I get my migraines.

It does feel a bit better after I get some sleep - if I can go to sleep. I had one come on last night. After finally falling asleep, I woke up this morning feeling as if someone had punched me on the side of my head. It subsided, but then earlier this afternoon, it hit me again like a ton of bricks.

Needless to say, it's scaring me, especially since the aspirin, advil, and everything else, isn't working like it has before. Does anyone have an idea of what it could be? Please help....

It may be temporal arteritis.