I'm a soldier deployed to Iraq and am getting more dedicated to weight lifting but am having a throwback. After lifting, mostly stretching hamstrings I get an insanely intense pain on my right side at the lower part of my ribcage, which causes me to have to lay down and pain lasts for up to 30 seconds. Also during ab workout I get a similar cramp in my lower abdominals. It is starting to happen more frequently.

Hi! Try reading about Costochondritis. Costochondritis is a result of physical strain, as with persistent coughing, weight lifting and other forms of physical activity that may strain the cartilage, muscles and ligaments.

Hi there,
There might be several things that could cause this symptom, from pinched muscle to inflammation of the gallbladder. If this is pinched muscle that you can easily get from lifting weights that you have to free it. You should do some stretching exercises in order to ease the pain from the muscle.
If this is inflamed gallbladder the best way to know is if you test yourself. Place a finger on the right side of ribcage while you exhaled all the air from your lungs. Next step, inhale, and if you feel intense pain at that place this could be inflammation of gallbladder.
How is your diet in military? Maybe you could try to lift less weight for some time.