Hi. I am suffering from shy bladder syndrome. I can`t pee in public restrooms. My friends call me all the time to go out, have fun, but all I can say is some stupid excuse. I could never reveal my secret. What to do?

Hi. I am also suffering from shy bladder syndrome. It is a social phobia, sort of. I know it is silly and irrational, but I simply cannot urinate in such places. So I have to stay home every night, near toilet. A friend talked me into it, and I found it pretty helpful, to talk with her about my condition. Now she has become the only person I trust, because she knows my secret. You would be surprised, but shy bladder syndrome is actually easy to treat. You have to go to the toilet with somebody waiting somewhere near for you. Some people found meds useful. I don`t.

Right now I feel depressed. Im a 15 year old girl also suffering from SBS. My mum knows about it.. but I am too ashamed to ask her for help getting over it. What do I do? Can I get over it just myself?

A few minutes ago a nice guy was round at my house, and I needed to pee, I tried to go but couldnt! I need to get rid of this Shy Bladder Syndrome it is ruining my life.

I'm a 16 year old girl that soffers from shy bladder, too.
Someone says that using homeopathy is helpful..do you know something about it?
Sorry for my bad english but i'm Italian

Dont feel bad young ladies, I am 29 and I experience shy bladder but I am not sure when it started exactly.

I do remember when I was 5 or 6 driving on a trip with family in Tombstone, AZ and I couldn't lock the door to the bathroom. I thought my dad was waiting near the door watching it but he wasnt and someone walked in. I dont know if that psychologically messed me up from then on or if something happened later on that triggered that memory. Cause whenever I go on trips, or go to a game I have problems using the restroom. I have to always go to a stall and site down to pee and even then I cant go most of the time.

I want to travel but I do not look forward to trips because of this problem.

Hey! i'm 19, male and since a year or two iv'e had the same problem with SBS.

i can use public toilets but whenever i need to go take a pee i can go unless if someone else comes into the bathroom.
i mostly head straight to the toilets and lock the door even if i just need to pee.

i just can't pee if someone can see me at the time.
i'm wondering if there's a reason for this since i didn't have it 2 years ago and i'm not a shy or nervous person. it just started and now i can't pee when someone is within viewing range.