Hi, folks. I am thinking of using jojoba oil for moisturizing my skin. I have never used such oil before, so I have some uncertainties. What are the side effects of using this type of oil? I would really appreciate all your replies considering this product. I hope someone will answer my post.

Hi, there. Many skin products that you can find on the market nowadays are based on jojoba. It is an extract from jojoba plant. Although many called it oil, it is more wax than oil. It doesn’t evaporate like balms or oils that are watery based. There is a theory that jojoba oil is very similar to human oil. In that case, a human skin is tricked that it has produced enough oil, so there is a balance in oil production. Some major side effects have not been reported yet. There is a possibility of contact dermatitis. Bye!

I've used Jojoba oil quite often on nails and cuticles, and it does help in keeping them moisturized and in good condition.  

I only started using Australian Jojoba oil a few months ago for the purpose of softening injured skin on my face. All good to start with, but then I noticed, that altho it was not near my eyes, my eyes started to water, and my nose would run. I have ceased to use it on my face,but as I had bought a large bottle, decided to use it on my arms and legs. Oops, same response, and within 3 -5 minutes my eyes and nose are running. I guess that there is something toxic it the oil, or I may be intolerant to it for some reason. I recommend a skin test/trial before puchasing. However, it did make my skin feel better, and it does put a noticeable wax shine on my skin . Good luck.

Hi all

There are many oil in all over the world and jojoba oil is one of them and i don't think so there are any bad effect of oil.

In terms of Jojoba oil, the only potential side effect from excess consumption is a condition known as steatorrhea, in which there is excess fat in the stools, which can render it extremely unpleasant due to the smell. For Jojoba meal, it seems that higher concentrations result in lowered red and white blood cell counts, which can be reversed with a return to a Jojoba meal free diet.

If you're sensitive to various herbs, oils etc - beware! I just had a serious allergic reaction to a face cream (hives covering whole body, swollen ears & feet) cause I used it two nights in a row. It was a key ingredient in "dermalogica" super rich repair cream. We ruled out everything else - had to be the cream & had to be the jojoba oil. I am the exception so you might have no problem. Just needed to comment.