I went to a dermatologist and was told the little bumps on my face are oil deposits. They are NOT white. I pick at them because they drive me crazy. Is there anything I can do to get rid of them?

I've never heard of "oil deposits" on a person's face.

What do they look like?

I would get a second opinion from another dermatologist.

hey ranglrbabe, 
Oh my goodness, I have been wondering my whole life what these bumps under my skin are. I thought they were like little white-heads or something, but it's not until years later I realize they are oil deposits underneath my skin. It drives my crazy, because they would always come back after vigorously scratching at them -_-" (i know it's done horrible things to my skin). It bothers me insanely!! 

I'm not sure if this is true, but I'm guessing it has something to do with how much oil your body produces. For me, I oil up pretty quickly. And when I say oil up I don't mean shine; I mean like enough oil to fry eggs on my face. haha, funny? not really ><" you can imagine how disgusting that feels. But, I've read online that you can prevent it by washing your face more frequently and using microdermabrasion kits to rid of excess oil underneath your skin. But to be honest, I've been washing/oil-blotting my face like 3-5 times a day whenever it oils, but things haven't changed for me. 

You can try what I recommended, but tell me how it goes. Maybe ask your dermatologist. If you've received any tips that work, please let me know.  I'm desperate to get these things off my face. :( 

Thanks

Had the same problem and resorted to the same solution but what really solved it for me was my change of make-up. Choose non-comodogenic foundation for your skin. Skin like ours that absorb oil quickly is sensitive.

I have had the same problem for years!!! I pick at them and dig them out until leaving a big hole and scar! My doctor says they will not pay for it...that it is cosmetic...that's BS!!! I just bought an oil free foundation...hope that helps and I am seeing a dermatologist soon because I have them right below my lip now...hoping they can zap them off!!!!

I’ve had these for years and pick at them and dig them out of my skin leaving holes and scars. My medical will not pay to have them removed because they say it is cosmetic! They can be removed by a dermatologist. It is called sebaceous hyperplasia.

It is the nature of your skin. You cannot stop it. Instead can try to minimise it. Cleanse the face with a good face wash, mask it twice a weak . Remember to pat dry every time.