I was wondering if there is someone, who has seborrheic dermatitis on the face. Could you tell me what it looks and feels like, please? I do have something what it looks like that, but I do not know for sure what it could be. My friend told me it could be seborrheic dermatitis. I am also interested if you could tell me if jojoba oil worsens or improve symptoms of seborrheic dermatitis.

I have problem with seborrheic dermatitis for many years until now. I think one of the best things for the face is to use a very gentle cleanser, and then apply the apple cider vinegar diluted with water. Then definitely, you should use a moisturizer, because drying the skin out will only trigger more oil to be produced. Vinegar leaves it very soft and pH balanced, not dry at all, and I still use moisturizer or it will get worse for me. I am dying to try jojoba oil soon, but I have not gotten a chance to find it yet. I have a friend who said it is great, but she lives in other country so she had chance to try it. The cleanser I am using now is Oil of Olay Gentle foaming face wash for sensitive skin, and I am using the Oil of Olay moisturizer for sensitive skin. I think jojoba oil should work even better, because it is similar to oil glands in our skin, and is non-allergenic. I have never heard that jojoba oil worsens someone’s seborrheic dermatitis, so I do not believe this. About diagnosing you with this disorder, doctor is the only one who can surely told you this, and you should make an appointment soon if you doubt of this.

hi, jojoba oil didnt help me personally, niether did anything topical, I have seoborrhea on my scalp. Shampoos and steroids didnt help either..
the only thing that has helped me of this severe condition of 5 years is a potent liquid vitamin called VIBE...so much so that i decided to become a distributer...

**this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed **

Scott

Scotty, to begin with -I'm not disputing your claim. Perhaps VIBE did help you. BUT I went to the website, took a thorough look at what is in this liquid supplement - there are quite a number of metals present that can trigger seborrheic dermatitis.

I'm wondering if you are here to actually help - or to simply line you pockets from those of us who actually suffer from this miserable disease. Your post sounds more than a bit suspicious to me with your claim that Jojoba, shampoos or steroids being of no help. And the fact that you are a *distributer* - well. Need I say more?

Scotty is right about steroids not helping though. They only bring temporary relief and since their is no cure for this condition it's probably a good idea to just use treatments that don't have long term side effects.

It sounds like Scott is trying to make money to me. I make a homemade mixture of natural butters and oils, including jojoba, and it works wonderful for me.

Actually this type of dermatitis is triggered by bad diet, processed foods, sugar, stress, and oh and probiotic imbalance in your system. I have dealt with this for time now. I am almost cured after changing my diet completely. Apple cider vinegar was a god send to keep it r control. When I had severe breakouts diluted sea salt rinse cleared it up quickly. Hope yt?this helps. Different solutions for different people.

I have this around my nose. I first got it as a teenager in the same area so was bullied at school. I used to use Superdrug’s own lip balm after trying medicated shampoos on my face and steroid creams. Superdrug stopped making the lip balm but the skin calmed down. I am nearly 38 now and it’s come back in full force around my nose and on 2 areas around my chin. I am gutted as I can’t seem to find anything that works. the steroid cream worked for s but but that with a combination of medicated shampoo just isn’t working anymore. I am using jojoba oil on my nose piercing but that’s not helping my skin condition either. Please if you find something that works for you let me know xx