OK — Rosie, here's one for you. 

I know you have used jojoba oil in the past and liked it. How do you think it could compare with hemp seed oil? What are the benefits and disadvantages of these oils as compared to each other? What skin types are they most suitable for? What else do they do for your skin?

Perhaps doing this comparison will help you decide whether you should give hemp seed oil a go (I already know you will! You won't be able to resist it!) and I am also interested in the results. Will you play?

Not the person you're looking for LOL, but I have tried jojoba oil. My mum uses that stuff. She's into that kind of thing. Me, I prefer things from the shop that come in a jar with different ingredients, but well, if my mum gives it to me I'll use it. One thing I noticed is that it didn't seem to absorb very well. It basically stayed on top of my skin and didn't really sink in. It gave me an oily look, know what I mean? That stuff also becomes really hard when you go out in freezing weather, I noticed. Not that that's got anything to do with anything, but it was weird, yeah?

I do not have any experience with jojoba oil. Hemp seed oil, though, saved me from terrible postpartum acne. It has only been a year (My son is 13 months old now so I remember the time line exactly) but it really made a huge difference. My skin started clearing up almost immediately after I started using hemp seed oil. It is now acne free, bar the odd little pimple that escapes very occasionally. For those who have acne, I would always recommend this. I am so glad someone suggested it to me and I will happily do the same for anyone else who may benefit.

Celebrity

I'll bite. 

After doing some more research, I figured out that hemp seed oil is considered to be a very "dry" oil, and that it is best to mix it with another, thinner oil such as, you probably guessed it, jojoba oil. 

Jojoba oil is a think oil that is readily absorbed. I have tried it in the past and unlike what Londongirl says, it didn't leave a thick layer of oil on my skin. Then again, I have dry skin so that could have something to do with it. Jojoba oil seemed to have a gradual effect, building up moisture so that after a while, my skin was less dry even without the oil (I cleanse at night and go "naked"). 

Hemp seed oil is not comendonegenic. It also fights acne and other kinds of inflammation, supposedly, which is why I think it is one of those rare oils that is good for both people with acne and for people with dry and sensitive skin. Even for people with rosacea, PINK, so you may want to consider trying it out. 

That is all I can say for sure right now. I will let you know how I get on once I start using hemp seed oil, but I will most likely end up combining it with jojoba oil, so it is not an either/or equation. 

Rosie

That sounds good! I think I will read more about hemp seed oil for rosacea then and see if I think it has any potential. If I understand correctly, hemp seed oil does not contain traces of active marijuana that could make you high or anything, even though hemp seed oil is made out of the same plant as marijuana? Do you happen to know anything about this by any chance? If so, please share what you know.

Celebrity
Hi PINK,

I read around some more simply to see if I could find any more information for you, and I did — some people are saying that hemp seed oil improved their rosacea a great deal. Others are saying that, while it did not reverse their rosacea, their condition was never triggered further while using hemp seed oil either. All in all, hemp seed oil certainly appears to have rather a lot of potential for people with rosacea. I would strongly consider seeing how you get on with it if I were you.

And no, though hemp seed oil is made from the cannabis plant, it is a different type than the one used to make marijuana. This is the kind of plant that is also used to make hemp fabric, for clothes. That's awesome, by the way. Very soft. A bit like linen.

Good luck!

Rosie

Thanks for the information. And since you have used both oils can you tell which has thicker consostency and which has thinner ? I have used jojoba oil for face directly and for hair as a career oil . Can i use hemp seed oil for that? . I have very oily skin.