Are there any arthritis sufferers who would like to chat about ultrasound therapy? I have been considering this, and want to talk to my doctor about this when I see her next. Before I go in, I think it would help to have all the information about ultrasound therapy. If you have had ultrasound therapy, can you please tell me a little about the side effects you had?

I have not had ultrasound therapy yet, but I am going to soon. My doctor said that one of the benefits of ultrasound therapy is that it is absolutely safe, with no side effects at all. I am hoping that he is right and that ultrasound therapy can provide significant pain relief for me as well.

I received ultrasound therapy on my left hip and sciatic nerve area by a chiropractor.  After 6 treatments the pain in the area increased and was excurciating.  I think the ultrasound "fried" some internal organ or tissues.  The pain is constant now and NO Doctor wants to consider that another Dr, even a chiropractor, could possibly have caused it.  Doctors don't even want to talk about.  You will become "bad news".  They automatically see "lawsuit", and they just quickly get me out their office.  Be careful that you dont have any sleeping cance in the area of treatment, as it is my opinion that it may "stir" it up.  I am still trying to save the money to get an MRI to find out what is going on.  But without a doubt, something is really wrong and I wholeheartedly believe it is from the ultrasound.  There were times during the therapy that it hurt so much I asked them to turn it down.  It was like something inside was cooking.  I feel the chiropractic aides did not have a clue what they were doing.  BE CAREFUL.

Ultrasound therapy really does work for tendonitis and soft-tissue related issues, but you must beware; The possibility of burning tissue & bone is very real.

One thing to note is that when you feel ANY pain at all when receiving ultrasound therapy, it is common practice to CEASE IMMEDIATELY. The above scenario seems abnormal as the chiro aides should have known to stop, not to keep frying your insides...

Pain after ultrasound, I had an ultra sound treatment following a broken elbow. I healed very well prior to the ultra sound. They ran the ultrasound over the 3 metal plates in my arm. My doctor said it have been a reaction with the metal. I have been in pain since then, so far only one week. I am hoping it will go away in time.

I have a labral tear in my left hip. I received a cortisone injection that helped some. The physical therapist used ultrasound and I had to ask her to turn it down, and after one treatment I am having more pain than before! I will not be having another treatment!

I had the same thing happen to me in an Air Force hospital. Yes, it caused excruciating pain and left me in worst shape than before the treatment. Also, the incident was covered up by the medical staff.