I am 39 and for the past few years I am feeling pain in my abdominal area. Every doctor I visit says it is gallbladder, so I went to do ultrasound.
This was the most painful experience in my life!!! I am never doing it again. NEVER! I cried because of pain while she did ultrasound on me. And besides all, she found nothing???!!! Did anyone else have the same experience?

Hey there,
My ultrasound was also quite painful... but I had some more painful experiences in my life.
I don’t know what to tell you considering pain, but I think there are some more techniques to reveal gallbladder problems. If the abdominal pain is still there, try talking to your doctor again and try some other options.
Best wishes.

I too have just had an ultrasound scan due to abdominal pain around my appendix and having discomfort whilst lying on my right hand side. I have never felt pain like it. I almost collapsed following the exam and it brought tears streaming from my eyes. The doctor said that there was nothing visible but when the pain had settled, I found I could lie on my right hand side without the same level of discomfort so maybe something was moved.

Luckily, I had my ultrasound while I was on morphine. When they started it, though, the morphine had worn off and it hurt very badly. When you have abdominal pain that hurts more when pressed, the last thing you want is people pressing on it :-(

I recently had an abdominal ultrasound to get a look at my pancreas. The only way i could describe the pain i was in from it is that it felt like i was being sliced open while awake. It was very painful and disturbing.

Sorry about your painful ultrasound, i do believe ( tech says its because " quote everything you have is hidden under your ribcage" unquote. i just had an ultrasound this morning, & i have to say it was very painful, thats why i'm posting, i was wondering if all ultrasounds are painful or if it was just me, obviously, its common to feel much discomfort & pain from the posts i am reading, after the ultrasound was over ( about 20 minutes of greuling pain) i walked out feeling AWFUL! I told my boyfriend , the ultrasound was very painful, he stated he had one recently and his didnt bother him, ( maybe because he is older than i , they went a little easier on him) well i thought the tech was having a bad morning & was taking it out on my entire ab area, my goodness, i would have never guessed it would be soooo painful, but anyway, YES THEY ARE PAINFUL!,,,,,,,,,,,, i do not look foward to ever having another one. ( i was thinking to myself as i was being tortured, my goodness, do pregant women & their babies suffer through this as well? ( i am middle aged, so i do not know all the updated procedures associated with pregancy these days, but isnt this the same test they give to pregant women to tell the baby's sex?

I had a significant hip labral tear with chondral injury (plus impingement syndrome, hip synovitis, & hip iliopsoas tendonitis) and before theses diagnosis were made I saw a phys therapist on a reg basis for 5+ years (nobody knew what was wrong w/ my hip) but during this time I received ultrasound therapy from my phys therapist and this exacerbated the pain substantially. The pain would subside considerably after she removed the wand from my skin but I would have mild local pain for the rest of the day. I told my therapist what the pain felt like during the ultra sound and she told me that my symptoms w/ the ultra-sound "didn't make any sense". I still don't understand why the ultra sound made the pain so much worse...but I've had corrective surgery since then and fortunately don't have to see anymore physical therapists!!

Im 6 weeks pregnant and my doctor asked me to go for OB ultrasound. First they did trans abdominal scan. Then they started trans vaginal. My God!! it was very painful and i cudnt take the pain. I felt as if somebody was taking away my life. I refused to go ahead with the test. She told me that if i go with ultrasound abdominal scan after 12-13 weeks then transvaginal is not required. So me and my husband came back. What ever it be i cudnt give the test. :-(

I had an ultrasound test two days ago because I had a severe gallbladder attack due to vomitting strenuously. The tech pushed down so much on my right side. I still have the pain. I do have gallstones but the test was painful. How long does this pain last? I am 65years old. Louise

I have tried getting trans vaginal ultrasound 3 times now and every time I have to stop the tech from doing it because it is excruciating painful. The first time we tried doing it for 30-45 mins but I couldn't take the pain.

I had a painful ultrasound today for abdominal pain.. I never expected it, and I am still sore.. Like I should have bruises. I don;t have the results yet, but it is bittersweet for me to see that somany other people experienced this.

I have had several ultrasounds in different ways, none of them have ever hurt not even a smidge (TV ultrasound was embarrassing but never hurt) .. I do not know or understand why these hurt any of you... I am getting an ultrasound today on my gallbladder, I will repost if it hurts.

I had an ultrasound this morning on my gall bladder.  It was all I could do to lay there and take the pain.  I normally have a high tolerance for pain, but this was horrible.  It has been 6 hours since I had it, and it is so sore I can't even put my arm up against that area......I wasn't expecting it to hurt so bad.  I asked the technician why it hurt, and she said it was because it was close to my ribcage.  I don't know, but I don't ever want to go through that again. :-(

Totally agree. I am a 76 year old female and had an abdominal ultrasound. It hurt so bad I thought the tech would crack my ribs. Two nights later in bed my rib cage hurt so bad I could have cried. Then 5 nights later I had the same excruciating rib pain. Torture! I know my ribs are either cracked or severely bruised. I did not expect this kind of treatment.

Yes! 1 1/2 years ago! I cried like a baby the whole 15 or 20 mins it took. Nothing showed up wrong. I didn't pursue for fear of another ultrasound. I still have pain in that area and, now I have a new Dr. that has ordered a new test for this Thursday. I think it's a ct scan. I'm scared and really hoping for answers. What happened with yours?????