Hi there

I dont know where to begin, have always had sore throats and glands up in neck when have a cold etc. About 8 weeks ago i went to the doctor and was diagnosed with a urine infection and anti biotics. About a week later went back as it had not got any better, he took bloods etc and tested for std's which were both negative. I was given antibiotics which i took a bad reaction to and was violently sick for a whole day and pain in the lower right abdomen got worse so i got taken into hospital. I was given more blood tests and sent for an ultra sound. The tests showed infection which they thought was an upper UTI. The ultra sound showed everything to come up normal.

Two weeks later i was still feeling the same, shooting pains in lower right abdomen and also at groin and top of thigh where glands are, doctor took more bloods which were now normal and said it may be muscular which i knew it was not. Pain did not go away and was getting worse, around the same bit as apendix and ovaries so i was taken into hospital again in real pain and this time sent for a xray which showed nothing. They did not believe it to be my apendix so sent me home with pain killers.

Some days the pain is really bad and other days its not as bad however i am really fed up as it is taking over my life!! My glands in my right have been up and also last few days my throat has been very red, which seems to make the pains in the groin and also lower tummy worse!!!

Has anyone any idea whats causing this??? Could it be glands in my tummy?? Glands in neck making pain worse when system is down?

In the past i have passed a kidney stone, which was later checked and no mopre kidney stones found. 5 years ago had the mumps and this is when my glands started comin up every time i have the cold etc. Immune system seems to be rubbish and i always catch bugs etc. Other than that i have been heatlthy!

Going to see a gynaecologist and also the consultant from the hospital in which i am going to ask for a ct scan!!

Any information would be much appreciated. I am 22 and so fed up with it!!!

Did you ever find out the cause of the pain? I have had the exact same issue for about 6 weeks and can't find a cause. All tests and x-rays come back fine.

Hi there
No still no answers...driving me mad!Pains arent as sharp but still there and pains in groin still sharp! Did u find anything else out? I have been back in hospital since and more xrays but nothing is showing up!

You might think this is really crazy but I think I may be on the right track now. Like you, I have had every test, xray, etc. done and nothing shows up but the pain in the lower right region is very real!! I decided to go see my Chiropractor to see if he could find anything that may be creating the pain. He pushed on that area of my abdomen long and hard. He thinks that a couple months ago I probably pulled the groin area resulting in a torn ligament. Scar tissue and adhesions have developed around the bone in that area. He says the soft tissue wouldn't even move and it is suppossed to move freely. He broke up the adhesions, which was rather uncomfortable. I have had a lot of tenderness in the region over the last week but I think it is feeling some better. I go again next week for another treatment. If he can't break up all the adhesions manually, he wants me to go see a physical therapist to use their 'ultrasound machines' which breaks up scar tissue, adhesions deeper.

It is to soon to tell if this will solve the issue yet but I feel like I might be on the right track.

Hopefully this helps you out. I will keep you posted and please you do also. I feel as you do, at a total loss right now...