Hello, folks. My mother suffers from chronic sinusitis. I think her deep sinus cavities are full with mucous. I wonder how you can drain these deep cavities. Can someone explain it to me little more? I would be very grateful for this piece of information. Thank you for all replies. Bye!

Hello to you too. Sinus drain nowadays is not so much common like in the past. Antibiotics are now used to treat the infection. But if the infection is persistent and does not end, then drain is necessary in order to eliminate the pus. There are two basic procedures. The first one is called antral puncture and washout. A doctor makes a small hole in maxillary sinus. Pus is being sucked out and the syringe for cleaning the rest of the cavity. Intranasal antrostomy is more common procedure. The technique here is almost the same – a hole is made at the same place and the pus is sucked out. However, the hole made with intranasal antrostomy is permanent. I hope I've helped.