Hello, folks. I am thinking of starting with skiing. I hear that it is a great way of training and I am very interested in that. I would like to know which body muscles are engaged in this activity. It would be great to know. Thanks for all your help, guys.

Hello, there. I've been skiing for several years and I must admit that I am thrilled with it. It involves muscles that you weren't aware of. The most engaged muscles in skiing are quadriceps. They are excellent protection for your knees. When you ski downhills, you activate your hamstrings and glutes. Inner and outer thighs are also involved. You are flexed, so abs and backs are also activated. Since you push poles, arms are involved also. You can see that many body muscles are involved and I recommend skiing to all who want serious exercising. Bye!