Hi, I am a hairdresser and I have neck pain. My doctor recommended me some blue pills. I took those pills, but my stomach started to hurt. My neighbor gave me an advice to go for swimming. Will swimming help me to relax my neck muscles? Which muscles do we activate in swimming? I really don't know what to do. To listen my neighbor or to visit doctor again?

My opinion is that you should listen to your neighbor. The swimming is an excellent choice for your problem. That is because swimming, as kind of relaxation, activates most of body muscles. Except those for tongue and face muscles. But you can do that while swimming. So call your neighbor and go together. Always better with company.

Hello celesta,

Since you are not taking those blue pills as your doctor thought you will it would be wise to visit him again and let him know that you are planning to start with swimming as a way to get rid of the neck pain. I think that he will tell you to go for it and he will be aware of the fact that your stomach is sensitive on those blue pills.

Swimming is a great way to deal with any kind of pain and especially neck pain. It involves almost all the muscles and you will see that after few times on the pool you feel much better. Also this will keep you in shape and that is great fact.