Hello. I am planning to begin with skiing. I leave near a mountain and I will have a possibility of going there for skiing. I would like to know what muscles are involved in skiing. I hear that it is a great exercise and I would like to know what I can expect. Thanks.

Hello. You have heard well. Skiing is an excellent sport since it engages a lot of body muscles. Quadriceps are the most engaged ones. They maintain a position and therefore are activated the most. If you skin downhill, then glutes and hamstrings are activated. Inner thighs keep your skies together and outer thighs are important for steering. Calves, backs and abs are also involved. Since you move your poles, arms are also important. As you can see, entire body is practicing, so I think you will be satisfied with this sport. Good luck!