Hello. I'm 24 year old female and just recently I have started to notice some strange symptoms.
These symptoms wouldn’t worry me if the situation is different but just recently I have come back from my week traveling around the Africa and that’s why every symptom is important. You see, beside some normal fever symptoms such as shaking chills, sweating, headaches, vomiting I started to notices some strange skin problems such as swelling and red streaks along the arm.
A friend told me that this could be a sign of some skin elephantiasis and I'm pretty worried about this.
Was he right about this?

Hello. I have heard some stuff about this disease and I will gladly tell you some details. First I want to tell you that all the symptoms you’ve mention can lead to this disease.
There is no condition called “skin elephantiasis”! There are only skin symptoms of systematic elephantiasis.
Beside the symptoms you’ve mentioned some small ulcers or abscesses can form in lymph nodes or in the lymphatic vessels. They may appear at the surface of the skin as well.
I suggest you to contact your GP immediately because proper evaluation is need for setting the right diagnosis. Don’t loose any more time! Treatment can include chemotherapy to attack the adult worms as well as symptomatic treatment to repair damage caused by the body's reaction