I was twice in the hospital with MRSA on my thigh for a different thigh each time. First time they weren't sure what it was, so they kept me in the hospital for few days where they determined it was MRSA. My treatment was Levaquin. The second time I felt it was MRSA, and I had to lance the boil. My doctor referred me to an infectious disease specialist. He put me on Vancomyacin and Rifampin orally. I don’t know how I got it, but my doctor thinks I got staphylococci from the food which was infected and not cocked well. After being on the Rifampin therapy for about 4 weeks I started feeling ill. I was so sick, had to call an ambulance and was admitted to the hospital with severe hepatitis. I was in the hospital for over a month. Apparently what caused the whole thing was the Rifampin. I would like to hear how others are treated. Be careful if you are ever given Rifampin for your MRSA. It can do a lot of damage.

I was treated with Levaquin for sinus infection; I didn’t know that is MRSA treatment too. I thought that Levaquin wasn't strong enough for MRSA, but what do I know. I am curious about this boils. Are they common in MRSA? I do have them, a lot. I have researched on the net about MRSA and boils, but there just doesn't seem to be too much information. Thanks for the warning about Rifampin, Is it an antibiotic? I also very confused how to treat these awful bacteria. I’ve been told that Staphylococci can cause a wide variety of diseases in humans that is why I stopped eating salami and some of the chesses. Just in case.