I know we have a pool contingent in here. I've been in the pool quite a bit this winter with my kids and also added some hot-tub time to my off day routine. Even with a major soapy shower, I still have chlorine smelling skin for the next 24hrs. I also end up using a lot of lotion to keep from having to scratch my back on doorways like a bear does against trees in the forest. Anyway, how do you all combat that wonderful pool additive, chlorine??

I've been a competitive swimmer since I was a child and my skin sensitivity has become an increasing problem for me and it has affected me for years to the point where a while back I got eczema. Over the years I've tired everything with limited success. When I got aggressive with my research given the eczema I found Swimmer Soap bar soap and it worked out really well in getting rid of the chlorine. At first it didn't do much to heed the eczema but after a few months the eczema went away on its own and I'm not on any eczema medication. Even if not you, use this soap on the children because you never know what cumulative chlorine will do in the long run. I hope this helps.

Ultraswim

Showering before swimming helps a lot. Unfortunately, there is no hot water when the pool opens so I just end up with a nice clean sent all week

Ultraswim does have shower gel but it is hard to find. Maybe try using some other manly scented stuff....I find plain soap doesn't really get out the smell. But I know you're a blondie so definitely get the shampoo and conditioner, or Nexxus Aloe Rid, which I don't think dries your hair out as much......to keep from getting that greeny undertone to those blonde locks.

Bob is right too, I'm not sure why, but showering before you get into the pool seems to help a little bit. You definitely need something lotion wise though, there's no getting around the drying effect, 'specially in the winter. Baby oil works well if you don't want to smell girly.