Does anyone know of any proven skin lightening treatment or medicated/non-medicated creams that actually work?

Somebody told me that hydroquinone works, I don't know if this is actually true.

Hi: Depending on how much and where you want the lightening, I have to tell you about Dark Angels - by LUSH!! It is unbelievable, it is black and will stain your sink. So use it in the shower, I use it on my face and on my hands. I can't remember what is in it, but it's ALL natural - which I like.

If its hands, I just tried Sally Hansen Salon Hand Care Renewal System for Hands! The only thing is DON'T Use it after putting fake tanner on the rest of you body!!!!!! You WILL look like Michael Jackson when he wore the white gloves!!!!! LOL

What about NeoStrata HQ Skin Lightening Gel? Worked for anyone?

I had a dark spot on my cheek just under my eye and one right in the middle of my forhead, it looked like a third eye. I bought ESOTERICA at the drug store or where ever beauty products are sold. It took about 3 months but the spots really faded. I still use it at night just for principal reasons. I also use it on the backs of my hands as i see brown spots starting there as well. I love the sun, so that's what's causing it