For years I have been having a hard time falling asleep! When I lay on my back everything gets sick and weird, I feel like I'm falling into a black hole and something is singing to me (usually at full blast and a song I've heard a dozen times) right now I went to bed and as soon as I began to "count sheep" i got heavy and I began to fall rapidly, my face went numb and then something started singing "Lithium" by Evenescence to me but then it turned to this bloody screaming song of what sounded like just a boy screaming words behind a drum and some guitar. But then as I woke up my the song stopped and my ears began to ring.... Am I crazy? Am I possibly schizophrenic and just not know it?

There's nothing as terrifying and real as a strong sleep paralysis episode. For years I really did think I was somewhat crazy. I would fall asleep, and kinda like your experience I would hear something, but it would be like a super loud machine like ringing... Then i open my eyes, to realize I'm in my room I can physical see my surroundings but cannot move, speak, and barely breath. And the noises get louder. And that's not even why I thought I was crazy. And when I came across that other people online has seen and heard the exact SAME menacing figure that Ive seen brought tears to my eyes and freaks me out more than ever. But glad to know I'm not the only one who's experienced this. I would see a female like shadow old lady and she would just walk around real slow and look at me. Even tho I can never see her face because of the darkness i can tell it's female by her long hair. When I finally come out of it I'm drinched in sweat and ears still ringing untill they slowly fade away and my heart is racing. I can't even start to explain the intensity of this fear while it's happening and even after its done. And the fact that other people have described this same witch like figure whom I've never met before and never will, freaks me out even more.

No, you are not crazy. It is hard for you to believe that there is nothing wrong with you, but you are OK. Temporary paralysis can cause all those nightmares, sleeping terrors and you are not the only one who is facing them.

I also do believe that this is so scary and it can make you lose your mind. It is hard for you to go back to sleep because you probably do believe that you will face those nightmares again. It can all lead to more serious issue, it can cause your breathing problems, heart problems, etc. It can freak you out.

I think that you should talk to physiologist about this, how to overcome those fears that can happen all the time.Of course, I don't need to mention that doctor is number one option, because he can help you resolve this.

GL!