Hello everyone.

So this is strange... but I was wondering, how fast can smegma accumulate? I am a female and I have smegma, which all females do. However mine seems to come back way faster then usual. I clean my vagina every time I take a shower (which is three times a week or so) and honestly when I remember I try to clean my vagina even more because I get a fast accumulating smegma. For example, I'll clean down there and a half-an-hour later or even a few minutes later I check down there and it's back again!! I don't have a yeast infection so it can't be that. I was just wondering if it was normal that the smegma would be back again so dang soon? I'm worrying about it, I know I don't have a yeast infection or a bacterial infection. I don't understand why it comes back so fast?!

Does anyone else have smegma that comes back every few minutes?

Thanks again in advance!!

~ Worrying in AK

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with smegma in women.
Perhaps another woman might help out here...?

You might need to wash your snatch with a jet of water,as I guess the additional smegma is coming from inside you. When it has water added it will trickle down and appear after a bath or shower. I suggest trying to wash with a bidet and if it doesnt improve then see your doctor

Firstly, three showers a week is pretty gross. As a woman you should at least be taking a 'rinse' (no need to wash hair or otherwise) once a day. The vagina/uterus may be a self-regulating organ, but the few external parts we do have need some additional maintenance.

Humans shed their epidermis in a matter of 6 weeks, in addition to any natural/environmental causes that may have sped the death of skin cells (aka sunburns, scabs, scratches, etc). Taking 3 showers a week leaves a LOT of time for all sorts of dead skin cells, oils, bacteria and dirt to buildup on your skin. Smegma is just that - building in your vagina (although it should never 'come out' of your vaginal opening - lubrication that comes out white/opaque, clumpy or thick is an indefinite sign of a yeast infection).

Smegma grows fast - but not that fast. If you're having buildup THAT fast, it's probably a sign you're not cleaning there properly - and/or there may be an underlying medical concern.

Recommendation: DO NOT USE SOAP ~ by killing the natural flora fauna, you'll be inducing the growth of smegma (as a natural lubricant, to prevent drying out the delicate membranes of your vagina and development of a yeast infection).
Use a scrape method: using your nails (softly), scrape the smegma away gently in the shower. It's easy, simple, and clean. It should help regulate growth, as well as odor or discomfort caused by excessive smegma.

If this doesn't help, seek medical attention. Yeast infections are easily acquired as a woman, especially if you're not showering regularly.

---LATE post.

Smegma does not come from inside your vagina. 

It accumulates between the labia and under the clitoral hood. 

It is a combination of sebum and dead skin cells. 

I like taking female wipes with me in my purse to clean up when I feel uncomfortable. 

It's perfectly normal, and, wait for it... HEALTHY! Gasp! It's her bodies (and every females') way of cleansing her vagina, helps lubricate (so you have better sex and wards off friction from clothes and moving), and protects her from bad bacteria from taking over and actually causing a yeast infection. Don't remove it, you have a healthy vagina and be comfortable with it. It's a natural thing, and the removal of it can lead to a really itchy crotch.