During this week, i noticed a burning sensation..it feels like its inside my penis. so i ran to the bathroom and checked by pulling down the skin of the penis to expose the penis head. I see at the bottom of the head with white stuff looks like wet ripped up toilet paper pieces or a better description would be When you use your fingernail and scrape the front of your front teeth and you look under your nail and you see plague collecting. that's how the white stuff looks like under my penis head? can anybody tell me what the hell is it? I'm 17 not sexually active

From your description is sounds like smegma. It's kind of a waxy white material that builds up under your foreskin.

You won't want to hear this but you need to clean yourself better. I know, it can be very sensitive when you try to clean your penis but it is a must. You need to work the foreskin down and thoroughly clean the area.

Do you still feel the burning sensation? You could have a urinary tract infection. If you are not sexually active it can't be an STD. Are you having to urinate frequently?

Post back and let us know how you're doing. Good luck.

oh my.. this is gonna hurt very bad... i'll take your advice i'll clean it off. what is this smegma? why do i have it? will come back once im done cleaning it?

Smegma is natural white secretion of the sebaceous glands of the foreskin. It needs to be cleaned regularly to avoid accumulation of bacteria and possible infections. This is what regular male hygiene should include - cleaning the smegma under the foreskin.

From your description of the symptoms, I would say that you could even have fungal infection. It is no big deal, it's just that the symptoms are annoying.

Ask at the pharmacy for something to clear it off and if you continue to wash under the foreskin regularly, you won't be getting any more infections.

oh my god Jenny you're scaring me =(. I search up the word smegma. and i seen some pictures of penis that actually looks like mine. so im guessing i dont have no infection. so i guess im ok. SO how do i prevent this from happening again? when i take a shower i should pull the foreskin back and clean it with soap?

I am sorry, I didn't mean to scare you because this fungal infection is no big deal, it just has the annoying symptoms like burning, redness or causing raw skin and cuts on the skin. If you don't have these symptoms, the infections probably hasn't occurred, which is great.

Yes, you are about to pull back the foreskin when in the shower and clean all the white stuff. You could use plain, warm water or water with soap but make sure you wash the soap out thoroughly, so it doesn't cause burning afterwords.

I just wanted to post in support of what others have said on here. It seems that the issue is just a matter of cleanliness, and yes, plain gentle warm water and a bit of soap will help you stay clean. Water is honestly enough but if you have a bit of buildup then you should probably use soap too. Keep us posted if anything strange happens, okay?

Rickyross,

Take your time cleaning it, you don't have to scrub it. Be gentle. Use lots of water and a very mild soap. Take your time.

If you do it in the shower with the water flowing soap up your hands very well and gently cleanse under the foreskin with your fingers.

Eventually you'll get used to it. It may be a bit uncomfortable but it shouldn't really hurt.

You don't have much of a choice anyways, you need to do this.

Good luck and let us know how you're doing.

Thank all of you guys with the quick replies and support. i have got ridden of all the smegma off the head. but i do see some white pimple like bumps. which i know now its just some gland thats producing more of this smegma.... how i do i stop this? or i just got to deal with it.

You can't stop them, they are a natural part of the body and are there for a reason. Just relax, you are ok, just make sure you clean down under regularly.

is it supposed to keep coming back every 8hrs because it has happened to me and im freaking out about it. it really burns and it is very irritating

can i put antibiotics on it if part of my foreskin is red.

guys good news for u i was suffering from smegma even i had a cuts on my foreskin but one day ,i got a
Through Infection so doctor has suggested me to take a amoxicillin 500mg from that day i have noticed that my smegma was slowly slowly decreasing even my cuts were gone.so thumps up for amoxicillin 500mg

i also got white stuff on the head, also the skin on the tip of my penis seems to thickening and become red, and it hurts to do anything because of it. is there any way to cure it?

The "white stuff" may be smegma, it's normal. Clean it gently with soap and water.

You may also have a thrush, a yeast infection.

See your doctor.