Hello, my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex. For the last 1 1/2 weeks I have been feeling kinda sick. My nipples are sore, and it kinda feels like I have cramping. However, my periods aren't regular (ive been to the doctor for it, & she said it was fine) so I can't wait for a period to see if i'm pregnant, because I dont know when that would be. There were a couple brownish/red spots on my underwear today. I'm not really sure what is wrong with me. Does anybody have any suggestions please?? Thank You!

Well, the problem is: those symptomes, although related to pregnancy, can also be signs that your period is coming soon.

If you do not have a regular, or even semi-regular period, it may be hard to tell for sure. The most concerning symptom that you are having is the brownish/red spotting. Generally, that is a sign of pregnancy.

If you have been worried about being pregnant, and stressing out about it, it can delay your period and cause "late period symptoms" to appear as pregnancy symptoms.

Try and relax a bit. I would suggest that you wait a week to a week and a half to see what happens. If you still do not have your period. try and take an HPT (home pregnancy test). Make sure you take the test correctly and follow the instructions. Otherwise, it will be a waste of time and money.

If you need any more help, please post it here, and keep us updated.

it could also be pcos, (poylocistic ovary syndrome) i also have pcos and i do that all the time, if you dnt know what pcos is you can look it up on the enternent theres millions of sites with info on pcos.