my periods have always been regular, and much lighter than every female i have talked to. me and my bf have unprotected sex more than we should (almost always) but he always pulls out. so in april my period was late a week but i didnt think anything of it because as soon as i missed it by one day i started to stress before i realized i was just gonna make it even later if it was coming. so it showed up and i didnt think anything of it but then i missed it completely in may i took at least 5 pregnancy tests and they all came back neg. i was away from home for all of may(could that be why i missed it?) and at the end of may when i was reunited with my bf we had unprotected again, but this time he didnt pull out. i started my period 2 days later, it wasnt any heavier or lighter than normal. so i figured i was fine. i should be starting my period within the next 3 days but im having a few symptoms that i have never got before. im sleeping alot, like i sleep till til 11 am then fall asleep around 5 pm and wake up at 7pm. but i just started having trouble sleeping at night. last night was the worst, i was up til 4 am tossing and turning. and my breasts are slightly sore, and i think they are a tiny bit bigger, im only 19 so i guess they could still be growing. and just the past few days i have been getting massive headaches, which i have never got with pms. i also have been eating alot more than i usually do, but my bf and i just got into a fight over a week ago and i have been upset since, so could all this just be stressed induced?

It could just be stress from you worrying so much about it. I am in the same boat sort of, I am 5 days late, getting dizzy spells, nausea all the pregnancy symptoms including pinkish spotting but I have taken 3 hpt and all have come out negative. My suggestion to you which is what I plan on doing tomorrow is going to see the doctor and get a blood test! Please keep us updated on whats going on! Wish the best for you!

i think i just might do that. but im gonna wait to see if my period comes first if it doesnt then i will definitely be heading out for a test. thank you, i will keep updating and i wish the best for you too

i feel the need to add that i think i might be getting depressed. this was a really bad fight and im afraid we will end up breakin up over it which is devastating because i love him to the moon and back. and i've heard that depression can play hell with you. and also something ironic, around this time last year we got into a huge fight and broke up for a couple months...could that be having an effect on me? like im waiting for him to break it off and its stressing me out?

ok so i got my period today, exactly when im supposed to so im not pregnant, and very relieved cuz i am not ready to have a child yet.

Hi sixlilpenguins,
First I'm glad that you had your period and that you don't have to worry any more.
I'm interested in your first post, were you said you didn't have period for hole month (I think it was May, correct me if I am wrong :-)), and you think it might be because you were away from home? Why do you think that this could be related to your period?

I am so glad that you had your period today so I'm sure that you're elated! I am pretty sure that you just missed it based on being stressed out. This point going forward though, are you and your boyfriend going to be using condoms from now on? Please let me know, since it seems like you were really worried. Thanks!

dark_red,
well my sister and her roommate dont like my bf and arent very supportive of our relationship. during that time they would say things that would irritate me and they are older than me and more experienced in the relationship field so with certain comments they made or questions they would ask me, it would make me wonder and stress a bit about it and me and my bf got into some fights plus i'm young, never been away from home for more than like 2 weeks at a time. it was just really weird and im trying to figure out why i missed it completely that month. oh and it was may, but to be more accurate i got my period on the 31st of may so i guess i technically did get it in may, but i dont count that as most of it was in june and i also didnt get another period til july.

bluedog,
yes believe me when i saw we are definitely using condoms from now on. we are also looking into other forms of bc to see if we can find one that we can both agree on.

Well stress is very strong thing and it can make your period disappear or it can be prolonged. I'm not sure why do your sister and her roommate don't like your boyfriend, but if you too are ok together, then I don't see why would your happiness bother them? Is he maybe rude to them? How young are you?
Condoms are good way for contraception. If you have any questions for contraception, you can go over at the Birth Control (Contraception) Forum. You can post your question over there.

im only 19. they dont like him cuz they both have had some really bad relationships and are kinda jaded so they think every guy is full of sh*t. lol so most the time i can just ignore what they say as them being protective and trying to 'save me from myself' lol i have known my sisters roommate since i was like 5 so she sees me as a younger sister and is protective to an extreme. he can be rude but they are rude to him to so its not like he is an ass for no reason. one the reasons they dont like him is cuz they think he treats me bad. and really its my fault they think that cuz whenever we get into fights or he does something that irritates me i complain to them cuz they will let me blow off steam. i dont tell them about all the wonderful things he does for me. maybe im a little selfish but i like keeping those to myself. the roommates favorite thing to say while i was up there is 'out of sight, out of mind' and that really upset me. but she finally stopped saying that when she found out he was driving up there to come get me and bring me back down. i thought it was really sweet and apparently so did they cuz they laid off him a bit.

Well I think it's god that you have people in your life who are looking out for you but yes, I think that they're probably being a little too overprotective. I am really happy to hear that you're going to be more cautious and that you're looking into birth control too. Actually how long ave you two been together?

well we first started dating in february of 08, we were seniors in high school. i had known him since about oct/nov of 07 then in july of 08 we split up for a couple months, got back together in sept and have been together since. so altogether over a year

Hi sixlilpenguins,
If you are complaining to them just when he does something bad, no wonder they are not so friendly to him. I know that you like to keep the good things to your self but you need to share some of these to them too so they can see that he is a good guy. When you have few bad relation ships you can get skeptical with everyone. So you have to give them too a little break on this. The main thing is that you too are happy together and that you like each other very much.
Have you decided what contraception you would like to have?

well i wanna try the nuvaring but he is kinda hesitant about it. lol so we are just sticking to condoms for now while we explore other options

Well the condoms don't mess with your hormones and with this you can be safe. Nuvaring is not a bed option. It contains two types of hormones: estrogen and progestin. They work together to prevent your ovaries from producing mature eggs. Here are some side effects: vaginal infections and irritation, vaginal secretion, headache, weight gain and nausea.
It is good that you have decided to see all your possibilities. I hope that you find something that soots you best.