I was told awhile back that I had highgrade precancerous cells on my cervix and they have long since been removed , I still feel a pressure almost like a cramp in that area form time to time aswell as when I taste my vaginal discharge , not only is there lots of it but it tastes a bit sour ...not anywhere near what i used to taste like .....does anyone have any advice ? Kinda scared ?

I'm starting to think this is "normal" for this procedure. I'm in the exact same boat you are. In fact, I came across this board trying to find info on it. I had my surgery in July. At my last check up, the doctor said everything was "normal". I don't think it's normal. It certainly isn't how it used to be. I can constantly smell myself because it's so different. No one else seems to be able to smell it (at least the people I've asked--we're med students, and they know what happened, so I asked them to be frank with me). I don't have any sort of discomfort or itching, or anything like that, but the leukorrhea is quite excessive and sour. I'm guessing it's yeast related. None of us know enough about gynecology to really know what's going on. Despite what my doctor says, I know this isn't normal for me. I just hope it doesn't last.

I wish someone qualified would answer this would answer. I am having same issue and it is has brought my sex life to a screeching halt! My difference is that I haven't had a recent surgery - I had one years ago and I was taste free for a long time after that. Any answers would be great...

i have a problem that is similar. I have not been told that i have highgrade precancerous cells on my Cervix or had surgery or anything, but i have been getting pressure and cramps in that area, and also getting thick discharge that is very bitter tasting. It has been like this for a couple months now and I've been to 3 doctors that have told me i dont have a yeast infection or any other kind of fungal or bacterial infection and that everything is normal. I know that everything is not normal i never used to have discharge like this or taste like this, i dunno what to do i feel like i can not have a normal sex life with my boyfriend, it is extremely stressful and embarrassing, can anyone help me?

i have a similar problem. I have not been told that i have highgrade precancerous cells on my Cervix or have had surgery but i do get cramps and pressure in that area, and have thick, very bitter tasting discharge all the time. I have been to 3 doctors in the last couple months and they told me that i do not have a yeast infection or any other fungal or bacterial infection. I know this isnt normal i never used to have discharge like this. It is extremely stressful and embarrassing and i feel like i can not have a normal sex life, does anyone know anything or can help me??? thank you

I don't know if I am happy to see that there are other people out there who have experienced the same thing or just plain angry because I knew I wasn't being told the truth by my doctor. Back in 2003 I had a LEAP procedure to remove high grade, pre-cancerous lesions from my cervix. (which turned out not to be anything at all...)
A year ago, I was told by a new doctor that my pap smear once again showed extremely high grade lesions and I needed a biopsy ASAP. I insisted on being put under for this procedure this time as my cervix has become incredibly sensitive since the first biopsy and LEAP. After this biopsy, (which by the way, also turned out to be nothing), I have experienced high amounts of watery discharge that literally just will pour out of me from time to time. At first, from the wetness, amount, and warmth, I thought it was urine. However, it is indeed discharge and it is also very sour and unlike anything I had ever experienced prior to the second biopsy.
My cramps during my period have also changed. They have "moved" to a much lower and more central region on my pelvis and when they hit hard, I find my self paralyzed. The first period I had after the biopsy put me in the emergency room because the cramping was so intense that I passed out. Apparently my cervix had began to dialate (spelling?) slightly. I am 23, not pregnant, never have been... and at the moment, pretty frightened I might never be able to be if these things continue.
In the next month or so I am scheduled for a pap smear again (which I know will come back abnormal as it always does when I am under stress - I am a first year law student taking my first finals), but I am considering going to a specialty clinic at a University research hospital to attempt to figure out what changed and why.
I will be sure to report back if I am able to find out any useful information.

I haven't had the cervical surgery, but have the same sour taste that came on rather suddenly...after getting check ups and clean bills of health (note the plurals!) someone suggested my system may be simply acidic due to stress. By eating more alkaline foods and taking an acid reducer from the health food store, the taste goes away. If I don't take it or watch my diet, it is back. Perhaps the stress of the surgery has something to do with making you more acidic?

No surgery for me, but my taste changed to very sour also. After visiting doctors etc, a homeopath suggested my whole system may be very acidic due to stress. She suggested eating foods to make my system more alkaline (dark green leafy veggies, etc) and I also started taking something called acid-a-cal from my local health food store. When I take the tablets, the sour taste goes away. When I forget, it is back! Perhaps the stress of the surgery? It may be worth a try, I know how miserable the taste issue is.

Ok.. I really dont like this, because i have the same thing as well. I recently had an abnormal pap and they did a biopsy and the cells were benign, so i have to go back for a pap in 6 months, but a little bit before I had the original pap (that revealed the abnormal cells) i started having a lot of white discharge which is sour too. ::sigh:: I have been a bit stressed out lately, but considering that everyone else has abnormal stuff goin on with their cervix, its making me nervous. Maybe theres a common thing with all of us. Im 22, ive been on birth control for 6 years and within the last year I switched from the pill to the patch (Ortho Evra), which i hear has a lot more estrogen or something.

I have white discharge with a sour taste to it.

I looked it up in a huge medical book my friend has from her nursing degree.

In there it states that oral contraceptive birth control pills can cause white thick discharge and is a normal reaction of the boyd just made more prevelant by birth control tablets.

While I asked my doctor about this, he said it is likely the cause and he may switch me to a Low dose birth control pill to see if there's is a change, however he is still giving me a pap smear to be on the safe side.

Maybe this will help a few of you understand what may be happening in your bodies.

Cheers!

I don't know if this will help any of you, but I was looking for help for a problem similar to the ones you have posted, and I thought you might be interested.

Maybe you can talk to your GYN about it. Hope it helps!

**edited by a moderator**

i am at a loss, my doctor is at a loss, I had a complete hyterectomy several years ago, but apx 4 months ago, i have notice that my vaginal secretions have become thick and white, although there is no foul smell associated with this, it is very bitter. I have seach numerous web sites for information, because medically my doctor can't find anything wrong with me. No yeast or bacterial infections at all. Although I am glad to see that I am not the only woman with this problem, it is also discouraging to know that no one has found an answer that may help.
feel free to contact me at _[removed]_

I am 22 years old. I also have this problem. I get very strong pain lower than normal menstrual cramping, sometimes it hurts so bad it makes me stop whatever it is I may be doing. I have had them after sex, but I have had them shopping or at work also. I do not get it that often, but often enough. I also have the sour taste and odor sometimes after sex. I have had the same partner for 3 years now.

Finally, I have found others with the same issue!
It started about 2 years ago. Suddenly, my vaginal fluid was sour and the consistency had changed. I thought I had an infection so I went to a free clinic. More like a 'freak clinic'! They had no idea what I was talking about! I had no infection.
I had asked another gyno about it and she said that she never heard of it either! She did say that if the body isn't happy, the vag isn't happy!
So, recently I had asked my newest gyno about the whole sourness. She never heard of it either! She said that she doesn't know what it tastes like and that she had never tasted it before! I'm thinking that is crazy. I'm pretty in tune with my body and I like knowing what's going on with it.
Anyhow, I just had a completely normal pap and no STDs and I've never had any kind of surgery in that region.
So, after reading everyones posts I am convinced that it is an over acidity problem of my body and possibly too much stress. I had a feeling that was the problem. So, now I'm going to eat more alkaline foods and lower my stress.
Thank you, for all of your posts, you have made my day! :D

My GF has had the same problem. We have been to more doctors than you can count. They all say she is fine and that everything checks out normal. She has been tested for all kinds of things and so have I. CLEAN?!?! We thought that it was a systemic yeast infection. But we have both taken an extended dose of Diflucan and other homeopothy remedies but nothing helps. It might be gone for a week but then it comes back. I like the idea of stress and will try to follow that route. My GF is a little stress ball and right now her stress levels have been elevated anyway. Thank you for this post it makes me feel like we are not alone.