Hi, I am trying to get pregnant for over a year now, but I have no success. I heard from a friend that it could be caused by soy that I’m eating very often. Is it true? Can soy have a negative impact on fertility?

Hi, heard that many times, and it worried me because I would like to have a child in the future. I eat soy very often, and I never thought before that it could have such a bad effect. I decided to go to doctor and ask him about this. He told me that many researches have been done, and that there is no evidence for this claim. For example, Chinese and Japanese women eat soy every day, and they have no problems with fertility (on the contrary). They even have some benefits of soy, like reduced risk of breast cancer. I don’t think any more that our fertility is in danger if we eat soy. I am sorry because of your problems, and I really hope that you’ll get pregnant soon.