I have heard that soy can be good for fertility. I think that am not that fertile because am very thin and have always had irregular periods. One doctor told me few years ago that it was due to lack of estrogen in my body. I’m 24 now. I’m not planning to have a baby yet. What do you know about this soy diet?

Well, as I remember that read once, soy actually may lessen fertility in women. But also, there are no evidences about decreased birth rate in countries where soy is more consumed, or in vegetarian women. According to this, woman with fertility problem should decrease soy products in her diet. But there is also finding that women in Asia have dramatically lower rate of having breast cancer, because of effect that soy isoflavones have on ovarian hormones, and reduce exposure to estrogen.