I've been having brief, recurring chest pains for about two months now. They tend to happen a few times a day, they normally last for about a second or two, sometimes they're a bit longer. They occur at rest. Along with this, I've been having some stiffness in my left shoulder, but it doesn't seem to happen along with the pain, it's like a constant stiffness that goes away and comes back. The pain doesn't seem to "radiate", when it does occur it's localized in one spot, though I tend to get these pains in various places around my left chest.

I'm 19 and I weigh 155 pounds, BMI in the lower 20s, I don't smoke or anything like that, though I don't exercise very often and my diet isn't very well-balanced... could this be heart disease or is it something related to muscles or nerves?

I don't know the answer, but I'm wondering if you found the problem?

Please let me know, I'm having the same problem.

Best regards,
Grady

I to am having some SHARP pain in left chest area short duration 1 or2 seconds.

I've noticed this recently within the last month. It occurs mid morning or evening when I'm relaxing in recliner.

I'm 59 and had no history of heart problems before.

I guess I'll have to go to the doctor!

rch.org.au/clinicalguide/cpg.cfm?doc_id=8404
Dot point 5 seems to be the most relevant, if you aren't stressed.

The following site may be helpful:
The site describes a form of chest pain common amongst children and young adults.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

I don't know the answer either but I am having similar problems. I get intermittent chest pains lasting a few seconds each, then hiatus then back again, off and on sometimes for 15-20 mins, then later in day perhaps 2-3 times a day, but not every single day. It often happens AFTER mild exercise, not during exercise, like driving car (lifting arms to turn wheel), for short distance (5 mins to grocery store), or after light mopping of kitchen floor. Usually followed by extreme fatigue, and shortness of breath, arms go weak - cannot lift arms, even to fan myself with piece of paper, sometimes get sweaty/warm, sometimes get nauseaus. Many times to ER, all tests - echo etc, always say it is not my heart (did have heart attack last year and do have one stent). Have fallen - become so weak I sagged to floor. Weakness usualy lasts for at least one hour, seems cumulative, because if it happens early in day slightly, then it will almost surely happen later in day and be worse the second time. No one seems to know what it is and am getting very frustrated. Hope someone has info to help.

Forgot to add to my earlier post, also get dizzy, or, more accurately I guess, it is ight-headed when this happens.

I'm having this same problem. It just started last night. The pain lasts no more than 1 second and its mild but scares me. It feels like it's left of my sternum, last night it felt like it was in my left shoulder blade but today it feels more like where I think my heart is. I'm concerned. I did take Sudafed yesterday at noon and then again at midnight since I have a severely stuffy nose without it, which followed nausea for about 4 or 5 days. So perhaps this is part of a virus going around? If it doesn't go away in a couple of days I'll make an appointment with my doctor. I think I'm going to avoid taking sudafed today and see if this chest pain goes away. I'm wondering if the sudafed is causing the issue. I'm 29 years old, severely obese and female. I do have high blood pressure but it is controlled by medication. I have no known heart disease. Honestly I haven't felt the pain in probably at least 20 minutes... So hopefully it's gone. It was coming on intermittently approx every 2 or 3minutes or so. On a pain scale from 1-10 (10 being worst pain ever) I'd say this pain is a 2 or 3. Very mild. I don't have any pain in my left arm or anywhere else. No dizziness or headache.

Ivve been have the exact same symptoms for hyears.  many many many trips to the e.r.  Tells me heart is fine sends me home.  But the pain always comes back!!!  INcluding shortness of breath dizzyness light headedness weakness 

Sounds like me. It's anxiety :/

Exercise 2-3 hours a day sleep 12 or so hours a day and you should be fine.

And me! I can’t get my head around it being anxiety though but that’s what I’m told

Anxiety is what they call something they cannot figure out. After repeatedly being told that I demanded a 2nd opinion and was referred to an electrphysiologist. He immediately saw that I needed a pacemaker.