Hi, my husband and I have been trying for 8 months to have baby number 2. 10 days before my period was due (I work on a 47 day cycle) I saw some very light pink spotting on the loo paper. It stopped the same day. My period was due yesterday, that morning I went ot the loo and saw some discharge after urination, it was like thick stretchy egg white. I have yet to see my period... I also have slightly tender breasts. I never spotted before I found out I was pregnant with baby number 1... I hvae taken a pregnancy test this morning and it came back neg. Could it be to early? or is me thinking I am pregnant all my head? Has any one else had egg white substance in early stages of pregnancy???

Hi Ella: I take it that you are just trying and obviously not using protection, so basically you can't know WHEN fertilization would happen.

So what I am thinking is this, IF you are pregnant that blood spotting that you had 10 days ago would be implantation bleeding. And that would mean that IF you are pregnant that your egg wasn't fertilized till about 10 - 12 days ago. So this would be WAY too early to show any increase in HCG levels. So if you don't get your period within the week - which I hope you DON'T - then take another test. Usually the stretchy white is implantation discharge, as I'm sure you are aware - when you were pregnant with your 1st child. We have a LOT of discharge when we are expecting. The upsetting thing about trying to conceive and waiting for results is that a period coming on has the EXACT same symptoms as an early pregnancy. So you just can't tell till you can tell!!!!!!So I will keep my fingers crossed for you and please let me know how things are going OK? Good luck hon!

Hi Bambi27, thanks that made me feela bit better about the whole situation. Yes my husband and I are trying to have a baby, no protection. I can't remember having that stretchy white implanation discharge with baby number 1. That's why I was worried that I wasn't actually pregnant as it came the day my period was due. I will wait another week or so and try anotehr pregnancy test, as I took one today and it was negetive. Period was due yesterday.