I am a 27 year old female. Two weeks ago I awoke with numbness and tingling in my finger tips and the bottoms of my feet. I was not alarmed because this has happened before several times and has gone away after a couple of days. This time on the fifth day when I awoke my whole front of my stomach was numb and then on the sixth day when  I awoke my entire lower back was numb, this whole time with the numbness still persisting in the tips of my fingers and bottom of my feet. This was concerning so I went to the ER. The doctor there gave me a pregnancy test, tested my electrolytes (which were normal), gave me the diagnosis of paresthesia, and told me to check the side effects of the multivitamin a was taking. About a week ago when I bent my head down I felt something similar to an electric shock down my legs. This has happened a few more time since when I bend my neck down. The numbness and tingling has spread from my fingertips to my entire hands, the front of my thighs, my knees, and my shins have also been affected. The only parts of my body that haven't been affected are my shoulders, arms, head, neck, and the backs of my legs. The feeling is similar to that of going to the dentist and being injected with Litocane, when the you start to become un-numb. My stomach and back feel tight. It is extremely uncomfortable, exhaustion, and unsettling. What can I do to to relieve these symptoms. 

I'll take a chance and ask you to go and have your spinal cord checked. All our nerves go through there, so an injury can cause numbness.I have a "herniated disc" or  "pinched nerve" or  "bulging disc", and my left leg goes numb (like pins and needles).When the doctor made his diagnosis, he asked me to lay flat and lift my leg, and I felt like electric current going through my lower back (where the damaged disc is)

Hi, your symtoms remind me of the Postmaster in my town. She has a disease where your skin hardens becomes very tight, extremly uncomfortable, & vrfy painful. The name escapes my memory. It starts out exactly the way you gsve descibed uour symtoms. There is no cure & is really rare, but does happen and is worth looking into.If I csn remember the name of this disease I will reply back. Hope this helps.

Mandy, any update or resolution to this?  I'm experiencing an extremely similair situation to yours.