ME AND MY BOYFRIEND IS TRYING GET PREGNANT. BUT I HAVE OVARIAN CYSTS. THIS IS OUR FIRST TIME TRYING. WE HAD UN PROTECTED SEX ON SUNDAY TO MONDAY AFTERNOON.BUT ON FRIDAY AND TODAY I STARTED GETING LOWER BACK AND STOMACH PAIN THAT LAST ALL DAY, ALSO I BEEN FEELING NAUSEA BUT I HAVENT VOMITED ALSO FREQUENT BOWEL MOVEMENT. IS IT TO EARLY TO TELL IF IM PREGNANT? I THINK IT MIGHT BE ALL IN MY HEAD CAUSE I WANT BABY SO BAD. IF IM NOT. WHAT CAN I DO TO HELP ME GET PREGNANT ON MY NEXT TRY?

Hi Jenine,

Please turn off the caps, they're considered shouting.

Your symptoms are not specific to pregnancy.

It is too early to tell if you are pregnant.  Most home pregnancy tests are only reliable after your period is due.  These tests look for a specific hormone, hCG, in your urine.  If it is there, you are pregnant.  Testing early, false negatives are very common.  False positives are very rare.

When you do test, use your first morning urine.  Why?  It is more concentrated and more likely to result in an earlier "positive" result.  Follow all directions carefully when you test.

Your doctor can tell you earlier, with a blood test, than the home test can.

There is no guarantee you'll get pregnant immediately.  Even under the best of circumstances there is only about a 20% chance.  We don't even begin to consider fertility issues until a year has passed without pregnancy.

To increase your chances, track when you ovulate.  You would ideally have sex between about 5 days before until 2 days past your ovulation.

Hope it helps.